Batgirl Movie Canceled

I think either of those would fly with Kryptonian grace, just fine.

shrugs, Homer Simpson-style

I should know that, but…shrugs like Homer again I don’t, offhand. Disney’s certainly the one that added gas to the “insert your brand/studio name, along with a +, here” fuel tank, though.

1 Like

Buh, buh, but what about the 90 day fiancé universe?

You’re gonna miss out on some great content my friend.

3 Likes

Agreed

The article only specifies live-action

3 Likes

@Vroom

I don’t. Many have latched onto Disney+ by adding “+” to their studio/brand name’s streaming service and its hideously uncreative, while also being shockingly lazy.

“HBO Max” at least has some thought put into it, instead of being the lazy result of someone who added a mathematical figure to a well-known brand’s name and said to the rest of their development team “Welp, that’s it. Who wants to hit Happy Hour early?” like the others.

I don’t mind Discovery+ being added into HBO Max. If a name change should arise, I hope they stick with one that stands out from the pack and showcases at least some degree of thought and creativity (Discovery Max? WB Max? :man_shrugging:t2:), instead of being the umpteenth Disney+ clone.

Well, they’re probably not going to put a “+” on it anyway, I was just throwing that out there.

The HBO part is going away though, from all indications.

(And HBO Max was an AT&T thing, so… new bosses, new name.)

I’m one of the people who really liked NBC’s choice in going with Peacock as the name of their streaming service. I thought it was really cool. It wasn’t a “+,” and it signified the history and legacy of the network.

If Discovery went with something like The WB as the name, from the 90s television network, I would be happy. The WB name was always kind of cool to me. And they can bring back Michigan J. Frog too if they want. :smiling_face:

Whatever they do, anything with Warner Bros. in it is what I want. And that’s what they’re going with: WB or Warner Bros. something, because they understand the value in the name Warner Bros.; that’s the brand.

And it will be something very simple, because that’s how you brand things.

And I don’t mind a “+,” either. The only two things that I subscribed to are HBO Max and Apple TV+, so the “+” is fine with me. And I don’t consider Apple TV+ a clone of Disney+ in any way, shape or form. And besides the fact that Apple could buy Disney many times over if they wanted, Apple TV+ actually has things that I enjoy watching, while Disney+ really has nothing that I want to watch.

And For All Mankind on Apple TV+ is the bestest. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yeahhh it really sucks but I hope with the directive now Zaslav puts in the work he promised during the Discovery call yesterday

2 Likes

You don’t know that.

4 Likes
8 Likes

This is a pretty solid article. Zaslav and his cronies at Discovery are definitely doing more damage to DC & WB then good!

Hopefully he’ll eventually be kicked out of the company and replaced with someome more competent from the WB side of things!

Seriously putting a reality TV mougel in charge of WB is like putting a mcdonalds manager in charge of a five star restaurant. It just doesn’t work!!

8 Likes

I really like the name Peacock too. It’s different and it really does bring to mind NBC. I mean, I’m sure Boomers and Gen Xers remember the Lamarie peacock before NBC shows with the words “The following program is presented in living color!”

3 Likes
5 Likes

I completely agree with all of that.

We all know how nostalgia sells, so for those of use who grew up with The WB and followed it from start to finish, that would be a nice nod to the past, while also being a name that stands out from the Plus Pack in the Streaming Guild.

…and for those who didn’t grow up with The WB, just why didn’t you grow up with it? :wink:

Kidding, of course. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Peacock still sounds dirty as a name.

2 Likes

I think The WB is the best choice for a name I have heard! It certainly has that nostalgia factor. And who doesn’t love Michigan J. Frog?

5 Likes

Yeah!

Just Imagine…™ the new name could also have a snappy jingle, which would play as members access the service:

:notes: “You’ve found The WB! You’ve said the other streamers aren’t for me and now, its time for some great movies and TV from The WB!” :notes:

Its fun and, from a marketing perspective, it drives home The WB branding to the viewer, which would hopefully make them return to the service, again and again.

5 Likes

m

mm

7 Likes

:eyes:

7 Likes

Here’s hoping for some good news!

6 Likes

Which is why I said, I hope hehe :blush:

5 Likes

What is going onnnn? @NanoDeVice

7 Likes