Batfamily......Gone?

I say reduce it. Tim Drake is possibly my very favorite DC character. He could be doing something else (and presently is). I don’t know why reducing the Batfamily automatically means the characters get axed. Just move them out of Gotham and from under Bruce’s shadow. Let them be solo.

I would not reduce it. Each person is a fan of a particular character. We all love Dick. I think that’s evidenced by the Sexiest Man threads this month. People like Time, and people like Damian and Jason; though two of the three are kind of dividing the fan base a bit. People love Babs as well. The love Batwoman. You can remove those characters, because each one is now intrinsically woven into people’s hearts.

I like all of them. I like reading about them. I love seeing what goes on from each one of the different people. None of them are the same. Each one is unique, and I think that’s awesome. They have their own individual personalities and that really allows me to connect to the characters.

I said in another thread that I am tired of the Batman is a lone wolf argument. He never has been. He’s almost always had a Robin. Yeah, it would be cool to get some solo Batman titles where it’s just him vs his rogues gallery. But a lot of fans love his family as well.

3 Likes

I did not realize I was this passionate about the Batfam; but I kind of am.

3 Likes

For me personally, I like Batman. I like having a Robin. A bit indifferent about all the other “bat” characters. When Batman stories focus more on the bat family than on Batman, I lose a bit of interest to be honest.

No need to axe anyone though. There’s like what… a dozen bat related titles going on at given time (wild guess)? Plenty of room to tell these folks’ stories without alienating anyone.

4 Likes

Yeah. The Damian vs Tim thing is real!

1 Like