Batfamily......Gone?

Ok, so if you had the power, would you reduce the bat family or keep it exactly the way it is?
If you’re removing some members, list your new and improved batfamily members.

3 Likes

I actually like it how it is now and how Batman had even expanded it to a member of his rogues gallery in clayface

3 Likes

I would not reduce it. Everyone has a favorite.

5 Likes

Bye, Damian.

2 Likes

HCQ is a better man than I, but I stand by my answer.

Get rid of Damian.

1 Like

Damien is the best (beside Jason) member of the Bat Family.

I’ll kill off Duke and Harper.

2 Likes

Hot Take Alert

Leave just Alfred, Dick, Barbara and Damian. (Jason too but he never returns from the dead hence why batman has no partners till his son shows up)

4 Likes

I love the Bat Family as it is, honestly. :slight_smile: There’s such a variety of different personalities and they’re all fun to watch.

3 Likes

The truth is that there is no Bat Family. They’re all hallucinations induced by Batman’s greatest nemesis, Bat-Mite.

3 Likes

I like how it is. The size allows for interchangeable teams and give them time to grow on there own when not being used. It’s also fun to see the small interactions like Jason tugging with Ace or Cass and Clayface preforming a scene.

3 Likes

I want to see it blown apart. Various riffs, tiffs, and Damien off with the TT. Just Bruce, Ace & Alfred.

1 Like

Almost forgot…and the giant penny. It’s part of the family.

4 Likes

@Desade Yes. Just back to basics, they should all go. Bruce and Alfred-- the real dynamic duo. Robin and batgirl had their place but once grown should leave and let it be solo. I prefer batman in isolation, and to me personally it makes no sense to try to push him as a dark, brooding mysterious character, then give him loads of kids.

Then again that’s the fun of the batman mythos, how they can still give a condensed version with a mixture of the characters,

I prefer Batman with a family over being alone. It only makes sense that he would want to rebuild the family he lost so long ago.

7 Likes

I think the giant penny makes the team. And that’s really all you need.

I don’t particularly like Duke, but everyone else is a great character and (I can’t believe I’m finally quoting Doctor Who again after all these years) I love that the line Sarah Jane Smith used to describe the Doctor in Doctor Who fits Batman really well (not just with the Bat-Family but also when you include the Justice League). “You act like such a lonely man, but you have the biggest family on Earth.”

The Family doesn’t necessarily need to always be present, they can be scattered across the world, with Dick in Bludhaven, Tim in San Francisco with the Titans, Damian in Gotham and the others operating in Gotham without interfering with Bruce’s work, but they’ll always have a certain presence and they make Batman better.

3 Likes

I love relationships and interactions of the ‘core’ Bat Family (Batgirl and Robins). I don’t think others have to be vaporized, but I’ve never liked Huntress (and she seems pretty separated from Bats post-Flashpoint anyway) and the New52 additions of Harper and Duke seem completely unnecessary. I don’t see them show up a lot anymore, so maybe DC agreed or they found a home in a particular book I don’t read.

I don’t think the Bat Family has to be together all the time, but I’m always excited to see teamups and watch the relationships grow. Part of the reason the current Nightwing arc drags for me is that the Bat Family is pretty much erased from the character that really started the family aspect.

1 Like

Another idea occurs, which is the Bat Family, with basically everybody but Bruce. And Alfred sharing time between the two. Mostly just on rare occasion, but I could see him making the occasional cameo. Bringing home cooked meals for that crew on occasion kind of thing. He also serves as an information conduit between the two.

3 Likes