Ashley's Reviews!

Retro Review - DC Universe Classics Captain Atom Action Figure

5 Likes

Spiffy review!

While I no longer have that Captain Atom (I do have his regular series 4 release, though), I fondly remember buying him at Target shortly after wave 4 dropped.

I will say that your review has made me think of picking up this figure again, should his eBay going rate be within budget.

If memory serves, Armageddon CA also had a figure in the Infinite Heroes line. Might have to look into that, too.

Thanks again for a spiffy review! I look forward to whatever else you have coming up.

4 Likes

It’s about 20ish right now on eBay :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I may have bookmarked a lil sum-summin’ for later. :wink:

3 Likes

McFarlane Toys Super Powers Wave 3 Review

4 Likes

As always, a schway review. :+1:t2:

I agree with you that Deathstroke exudes perfect Kenner vibes. If he had been made in series 5 (since he was never among the rumored series 4 candidates as I remember them) or beyond, I truly think he would have looked as McFarlane produced him.

sits back and envisions a Kenner Super Powers Deathstroke, whose cardback would feature glorious Perez artwork and read “Power Action Sword Slice!”

If only the line had continued…

SN: If McFarlane produces Quadrex in their SP line at some point, I will be over the moon with joy.

2 Likes

You and me both!!!

3 Likes

Shazam: Fury of the Gods McFarlane DC Multiverse Review

5 Likes

A retro review today, the Mattel DC Infinite Heroes Lex Luthor and LexCorp Trooper 3-pack.

3 Likes

Retro Review - DC Universe Classics Booster Gold Action Figure!

4 Likes

I very much enjoyed both of those reviews, @ashleywilbanks.

Infinite Heroes is one of my favorite small scale DC lines (regardless of manufacturer), while both versions of Booster are DCUC favorites of mine.

I’m up for any other Infinite Heroes and/or DCUC reviews you’ve got in the hopper (and if you’re inclined to do more Kenner/Hasbro reviews, I’m definitely onboard for those). :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Oh, there are a ton still packaged waiting to be broken open :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In the words of Homer Simpson, “Woohoo!” and…as Lex said in Superman Returns, “Bring it on!”

SN: If you need a hand in opening The Goods, I know a guy. :wink:

1 Like

Lol, I bet you do!

3 Likes

Just say the word…

“What, Shazam?”

Uh, sure. :wink:

3 Likes

My Mr. Freeze review :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Unboxing Kenner Total Justice Aquaman and Variant Action Figures

3 Likes

Very cool.

SN: I saw elsewhere on YouTube where someone was completely confident that the figure was based on the Toy Biz Mr. Freeze. :facepalm_catwoman:

Toy Biz’s Freeze was more or less a copy of the Kenner take, but ultimately, McFarlane’s Platinum Freeze is in tribute to Kenner’s Freeze, which your review was spot-on in observing. :+1:t2:

Another winner!

Will you be reviewing anything from the Kenner/Hasbro JLA line, this year?

2023 is the line’s 25th anniversary, so a retrospective on it would be neat, if possible.

3 Likes

You never know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll take that as a “yes”. :nerd_face:

2 Likes