As Long as We Get to Keep the Community

Agreed, I hope we can keep the community

4 Likes

what lol

3 Likes

Do we think they’ll keep DCUniverse to support the comics? I love reading the comics more than anything.

6 Likes

Let’s hope they keep the comics and community

5 Likes

I was just starting to read these forums after having this app for a year. I’m a die hard DC fan and suggest just creating a sub reddit for this community. I’d definitely follow along and read but not good at social media so my posts are few lol

3 Likes

@TheTerribleToyman this community really is the best. The internet is a scary place with so many trolls out there who just want to attack and bully people. This is one of the few online forums where people care for others and seem to want to support them! I started by commenting on posts of interest. Then I moved up to showcasing my love of the Legends of Tomorrow show with my weekly Legendary Island of Misfits summary with my little pop culture references included. It has a small fan base but I like having anyone interested in what I like.
I also joined the DC Fan Art Club and have reignited my love of drawing on a regular basis. I am part of the Arrowverse Vouch Club where I find others who enjoy talking about the shows as much as I do! I love the q and a with celebrities where I can interact and not wait in long lines or pay a lot at conventions to see. Where else could I show off my drawing ability to most of the cast of Stargirl and feel tingles that’s they love it!
So we will keep community going.

8 Likes

well I am not too happy losing the shows. I like seeing things in one place and not spread out to a couple of different services .That being said the other parts like the digital comics(especially going back to the start of some series) and the community board. It reminds me of back in the 90’s when I was on Geoff Johns community board. It was a lot of fun, Geoff would drop in and talk or tell us what new things he was working on. there was also some other creators who would drop in with their project. then there started to become a lot of infighting with some of the posters and it became a not so nice place. So far this has avoided that and hopefully will in the future. the people are very pleasant here. I hope one day we can all meet in person at a convention like we did on that board(a large group met for dinner before a NY comic con.) with times like we are living in now it is nice to meet other people from all different parts talking about a great passion we share: Comics!

8 Likes

Agree 100% love the people here at DCU! Everyone is great and I love the sense of community!

6 Likes

Yes I love this community

5 Likes

It’s nice to have a platform that celebrates DC exclusively…the fans of this community are fantastic…whatever happens, I wanted to document that! :+1:t2:

6 Likes

I agree, it’s ALOT friendlier a place than some of the other social media out there. I don’t know if this is in response to the HBOMAX advertisement or Harley Quinn being picked up by them but I’m grateful for the limited time I’ve had here to start discovering the DCUniverse. I hope we can all continue to enjoy it in this form for a long time.

8 Likes

That’s a great question? Who would win between flash and green lantern :thinking: hmmm I wanna say flash but I’m only 90 .9 9999999975 percent sure of that

4 Likes

I’d be happy if they continue the app with the comics and this community. No need to have this app destroyed because of stupid HBO Max. The whole ideology of this app is gone too.

10 Likes

They said DC Universe is going to not be around last year and that did not happen. I don’t think the universe is going anywhere. and if they do take the universe away what I would do is use this application. just have comic books on here and put the shows on HBO max.

8 Likes

I think a lot of us are crossing our fingers hoping that we get to keep the app for comics at least.

5 Likes

Hopefully so

1 Like

Also want them to keep the community and the comics.

4 Likes

What exactly is going on? Has anything been confirmed?

Right with you. I’ve always been a bit of a closeted comic geek. I grew up in the pre mcu days before comics went mainstream. I didn’t have friends who read them and actively hid my interests in them from woman. The only place I felt comfortable talking about them was comic shops. This community has given me an opportunity to discuss my love of comics in the open. I’ll always be grateful for that.

6 Likes

Nothing confirmed, we just all get little anxious when we see previously DCUniverse exclusives leaving the app and going to HBOMax or the CW.

2 Likes