Art in Honor of Batman Day 2020!

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Whatever the artistic equivalent is of a mike drop is I so hope you did after you finished this. Bravo.
@_UnderScore
I laughed so hard I broke all my furniture!

5 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp so sharp with a great Dini vibe. This is great.

@Hyperia90 You went LEGO. That made me so happy. And you did it well. That makes me envious.

@ImpulseMaxMercury all bats? All bats! Brilliance dear sir. And per the usual, I love your use of space.

@Goldk the line work! The chair and the bottles and the small details are too perfect.

All you guys are so impressive.

6 Likes

@_UnderScore Thanks! I’m just not sure if it’s brilliance or insanity, it’s such a fine line

3 Likes

Thanks!! :grin:

2 Likes

Haha, thank you!!

2 Likes

Something I drew a while ago for a friend and I’m still pretty happy with how it came out
Took 6hours and was done in MS Paint

28 Likes

gif

I could watch that movie on repeat till I die, and lego bman looks super man! Who coincidentally is his greatest enemy. (Sorry not sorry) Love the grimace and the grappler things and the color changes on his suite for depth. Awesome job!

10 Likes

dude! You are blowing my mind! This is beautiful and such an amazing concept (never would have crossed my mind)!!

5 Likes

Came across Jim Lee’s Hush while looking for inspiration, who can’t get inspired by Jim Lee?

Ink and graphite.

27 Likes

Thank you!! And you should NEVER apologize for good pun! :smile:

2 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp Sweet looking Batman! Very much a BTAS look to him, which I love. As a kid this is the Batman look that was synonymous with the character. Great work!

@Hyperia90 This makes me wanna get my Lego Batman out! Love the little details that complete the look. Also it got me humming the Batman theme, na na na Batman!

@ImpulseMaxMercury The concept and details are superb! You keep pushing the envelope with every challenge! Once again THIS is your best yet!

@_UnderScore The humor struck every funny bone I got! It makes my smile every time I scroll past it. Great piece!!

@Goldk There so much in this from the amazing art to the story it seems to tell. All the details from the bats it the background to the wrinkles in the chair. I find something new every time I look at it!! Oh, and I love the cape!!

@Squintyfist Robin with the ice cream dripping and on his face, lmao!! Great work on the colors and shading! Nicely done!

@niamton Fantastic recreation of the Jim Lee art! Jim has always been a favorite of mine!

Happy Batman Day to all!! I will be back later with my own piece once I have it finished on the same bat channel at some other bat time!!

Na, na, na, na - na, na, na, na - Batman!!

8 Likes

@RobArt471 Thanks! I can’t wait to see yours! I keep thinking I’m going to plateau. I’m just glad people liked my little experiment. Makes the hard work worth it

3 Likes

@stefanie.m I’m glad you liked it. It was a lot of work. I compare it to stippling to draw but with bats instead of bats. I always remembered seeing scenes where Batman was surrounded by bats swirling around so this is where I thought of it

4 Likes

Finally finished!! Just in time to celebrate Batman Day!!

24 Likes

Kid Batman on his BatSwitch

29 Likes

I need an opinion/advice. I never draw but I was inspired by this thread to do something. I looked up “Batman Head Sketch” for ideas and saw a “How to draw Chibi Batman” pic. The pic was on drawingforall.net . I didn’t trace anything or even follow a how to but I did try to draw the design as best as I could then color it. Is that something I should post or would it be like taking credit for someone else’s design?

2 Likes

You can definitely post it, IrishX! We have a lot of artists who recreate professional drawings. As long as you give credit to whose work (or which site’s art) you’re replicating, as a courtesy, it’s definitely allowed! Please post away, and welcome! Hope you join in our future challenges :smiley:

3 Likes

Cool. I’ll definitely post it as soon as I get it uploaded. Thank you.

3 Likes

I cheated, guys. This week got busy, so this is actually one I drew about two years ago. But it’s my first time sharing, so… :pray: Forgive?

21 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp Perfectly iconic! Love Cooke’s work, and you captured it perfectly!

@Hyperia90 That’s one of my fav iterations, too :joy: This came out excellent! Really beautiful job with the subtle blending of highlights and shadows, and the letters are perfect; it’s like they’re casting the light on him.

@ImpulseMaxMercury This was brilliant, and I could totally see it selling as a kickass tee or art print. I can’t imagine how long it took (or how much your hand is hurting), but the aches and pains seriously paid off. Amazing how you managed to make the folds of his cape so distinctive using that single shape in what looks like the THOUSANDS. Now I wanna make you do a Flash with lightning bolts. :smiling_imp:

@_UnderScore You bring joy with your work. Seriously. No matter how crappy a week’s gone, I can count on your art to make me grin. And I love that I can pick your style before even zeroing in on the content. I hope I can get to the point where mine’s as strongly defined as yours.

@Goldk I wish we could hear the story, but your art gives us so many details, that it makes it easy to piece one of our own together. Beautiful work, as always. Love the shadows taking the form of the bats behind him; adds a nightmarish quality to the entrance (which is how it should be, with Bruce). Always envious of how well you handle clothing and capes, too.

@Squintyfist So glad you could join us! Robin is eating my favorite flavor of ice cream, so major points just for that :+1: Love the shading on Bat’s cape, and the composition is adorable! I’m always excited to see happy Batfam art. :smiley:

@niamton Beautiful reproduction of one of my favorite storylines and panels! Recognizable with even the smallest of glances, and you did a most excellent job with the shading (both your crosshatching and the gradation in colors). Love Selina’s smirk in this scene, too.

@RobArt471 Whew, glad you made it in time! Amazing action pose and depth – you can sense the drop below him :scream: Your background makes me a little nostalgic for the Rocksteady games, too. :heart: Awesome detailing on the anatomy, too! You can really get a feel of the power needed behind that kind of motion.

@DrewWorldOrder Too adorable! Why am I not surprised Bruce looks intensely focused even when kicking back with some gaming? And while you keep your shapes simple, you nailed the dynamic proportions and pose.

6 Likes