Are You Going to Watch Superman & Lois?

• Yes when it goes on a streaming service
  • Yes on live tv/dvr
  • No

0 voters

7 Likes

Unless I despite (like Crisis on Infite Earths level hate) I will watch the first three episodes live or on CW streaming. If these give me no interest I will then check again for season 2. I have plenty of doubt, but I think Superman is worth spending a few hours for another potential show as good as Smallville.

6 Likes

No, unless someone who knows me personally tells me Iā€™d like it, or if they feature a minor character I really like. Iā€™ve always been a much bigger cartoon fan that live action and its going to have to be amazing to be one of the few exceptions I watch. But I hope its good for those who are excited for it! Just not my cup of tea

3 Likes

You didnā€™t like Crisis on Infinite Earths?!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll watch it eventually. I want to finish the New Adventures of Lois and Clark first. But Iā€™m no rush as I kind of fell out of love with CW shows. I dug the trailer though.

2 Likes

That is a huge understatement. Think of Clarkā€™s hatred of Darkseid. Now times that by 1000. Now imagine that being continuing forever. You are then beginning to feel my hatred.

1 Like

I will when it gets to HBO Max. I hate the ads on The CW app.

1 Like

From what I have heard, from critics who got early viewings, this apparently does not feel like the other CW shows or let alone a CW show. I heard the Special effects look better than ā€œTitansā€.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. I once told Clark I do not like Man of Steel. He literally punched me an hour into the future.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to giving it a shot. Iā€™ve been reading a ton of Superman comics lately so Iā€™m in the mood for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A hopeful review

1 Like

Is it bad that I loved both of those movies? :eyes:

5 Likes

If it is, then at least weā€™re in the same boat, my friend. Loved ā€˜em both.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s 2 hours, not 1. Iā€™m gonna judge the series by the pilot episode.

1 Like

When the title was released, I was excited to see Tyler Hoechlin in his own series. Iā€™ve seen the previews now, and am skeptical. The farm doesnā€™t look like the CWā€™s Arrowverse cross-overs.
The farm looks more like the one used in ā€œMan of Steelā€. Iā€™m hoping for the best. I donā€™t like commercials, so Iā€™m gonna wait to watch the CW streaming.
Hereā€™s wishing good luck.

1 Like

Lots of people love those both Man of Steel and BvS. I think Man of Steel is more popular, but BvS definitely qualities as a ā€œcult movie.ā€ As bad a name as some of the lunatics on twitter have given the BvS fans occasionally, my strongest experience with others who love those films is very positive. Thereā€™s a lot of us out there who see nuance and heart in both those films!

As for Superman & Lois, of course Iā€™ll watch it! Itā€™s the first live action Superman TV show with the cape and everything since the 90s! This is big, haha! Iā€™m really excited to see where it goes; I really hope I love it! I have some concerns as always, but overall the excitement of possibilities is just so much, Iā€™m really looking forward to seeing it!

1 Like

My only problem is that that would be greatā€¦ if it wasnā€™t Superman. Iā€™m trying my best not to judge till I actually see the show, butā€¦ I donā€™t know if we really need more dark Supermanā€¦ I donā€™t know, I could end up liking it, so who knows. I canā€™t tell until I see it.

I donā€™t think itā€™s bad to have your own opinion, no :slightly_smiling_face:. Everyone has different thoughts on things, and thatā€™s one thing that makes life interesting.
Personally, I have yet to watch BvS all the way through, but Man of Steel isnā€™t really my thing. I liked it for some reasons and disliked it for others.

1 Like

Theyā€™re making it seem that way by advertising it as a 2-hour premiere, but really itā€™s an hour-and-a-half pilot (w/ commercials) and then a half-hour special about Supermanā€™s legacy

2 Likes

I will absolutely watch this! I love the fact we have a new Superman show after eleven years. I like Tylerā€™s Superman and canā€™t wait to see more of his Clark and Elizabethā€™s Lois has really grown on me with each appearance.

I loved the initial trailer and have had the music stuck in my head ever since. I also like weā€™re getting to explore something we have seen much of in live actionā€¦Clark and Lois as parents. We got a hint of it in the finale of Lois and Clark and there was Superman Returns, but now we get to see that idea fully realized.

2 Likes