Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom Teaser & Trailer Discussion

Calling all Aqua-nerds!

Creatures of the sea can finally unite as we got a very small teaser and are getting full-blown trailer in 4 days. Thoughts? Opinions? You get the gist :00_aquaman_rebirth: :0_aquaman_dceu:

6 Likes

2.5 billion guaranteed. Now that I have settled how much it will make on Thursday previews let us debate world wide gross.

2 Likes

The fact that we got a teaser trailer so dang late compared to the typical schedules for these type of releases, makes me wonder what the hell is going on with the studio lol

2 Likes

Here is what happened. They marketed Flash so early. So many people got hyped and then lost that hype over the multi-month wait. They are now paranoid about how to market this other huge budget movie.

3 Likes

I hope they caught my good side.

5 Likes

#restorethelostkingdom

4 Likes

I’m really excited for this! The first one was good, light, fun and Jason Momoa is fantastic as Aquaman. I really hope he stays as Arthur in the DCU because switching him to Lobo would be a downgrade in my opinion. The discussions about box office performance are pretty tedious to me. However the film performs, I’m more interested in the film itself.

6 Likes

As long as you’re not in that blue outfit, then we got your good side, lol.

3 Likes

we all make bad fashion choices once in a while. I wish they put more detail into the scales on his suit. Ichthyology is a wonderful subject I know we could be here for hours talking about fish scales and their many uses. :rofl:

4 Likes

Can’t wait

4 Likes

the last 10 seconds of that teaser are pretty cool.

3 Likes

Contrary to what some hyperbolic sites/YouTube channels/social media folk think, nothing’s going on with WB…as far as this movie goes, at least.

We’re three months and change out from the movie’s theatrical debut. Plenty of movies go that long before their marketing campaigns ramp-up.

Of course, those are often movies that some comic fans turn their nose up at (“A movie without action, for adults and featuring adults, is based on something without pictures and/or is something I can’t b*tch about online? Nevah!” being a mentality of some, unfortunately), but again, many (in fact, most) movies don’t start their theatrical release marketing campaigns until a few months prior to their release…just like Aquaman 2: Underwater Boogaloo.

As for this teaser and what it teased, I liked what I saw. I’m sure I’ll like what comes on the 14th as well.

4 Likes

I am really excited for this movie! I think it will definitely be worth the wait!!

6 Likes

3 Likes

While I think hashtagging things is silly more often than not, #Worththewait is one I would absolutely get behind for this movie.

5 Likes

The new trailer is out NOW!

4 Likes
4 Likes

That blue outfit, while not very fashionable, served a purpose. It was ocean based camouflage. I was trying to sneak into Thierna Na Oge, without being detected.

2 Likes

If by purpose you mean to lower all fashion standards!

1 Like

I did mention not very fashionable lol

2 Likes