Applejack's Office Hours: The Final Edition

Sorry to see you go, but glad it’s under good reasons and it sounds like you have some awesome stuff ahead of you. :slight_smile:

But hey, maybe when you find some time between your awesome new job you can hang out here as one of us little peons. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

If I could frame a post, it’d be yours, @ajm08g.

John Williams music + the Christopher Reeve Superman + a cute kitty=AWESOME.

@Applejack There aren’t enough words in any language, be it human or otherwise, to convey your importance, so I’ll just say “Smell you later.” and that “I choo-choo-choose you!” to be the GOAT of our community. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I want you to know that I’ve been banned from saying nice things until Friday, so I will refrain.

You’re fantastic and your absence will likely be physically painful.

@Behemoth @AlexanderKnox @NYJt3 @bigblock66 Thank you for the congratulations and the warm welcome :slight_smile: AJ is a human being who can literally never be replaced, but I’ll do my absolute best to take care of you all!

24 Likes

You have already been taking care of us. Thank you for being there for us. We literally have the very best Moderators ever.
As Rick Grimes would say….You are my brother.

This is @Alec.Holland trying to console all of us.

image|500x250

16 Likes

I think me being the trash fork and the community being Tom Hanks is pretty accurate. I pick this GIF.

18 Likes

Swamp Thing…. Protector of the (Community) Green :sunglasses: :metal:

16 Likes

I see the coup was extremely successful, congratulations, based on past experience you will be great at this.

16 Likes

Sad to see you go @Applejack and wishing you nothing but the best in whatever the future brings for you.

And best of luck to you trash fork! :smiley:You got this!

16 Likes

Dear @Applejack,
I really only have 2 things: I think simplicity is valuable in terms of navigation and usage, and: As you know, the greatest strength of any community is the people, so the atmosphere here, should only get more supportive and homey, imo. :purple_heart: Thank you for setting that standard.

lol, Tales from the Darkside! Perfect @AlexanderKnox. Does @Applejack approve? Does it need to sound less ominous? Or more? :full_moon_with_face: I vote more.

…I just thought of this pic- I can’t explain myself. But if Applejack laughs, my job is done. :sunglasses:

@KM_726 @bigblock66 @HubCityQuestion, everyone: :heart:

giphy (17)
Now look at this adorable kitten. Hopefully that helps.

17 Likes

@Applejack the very 1st mod I spoke to. You’re so awesome AJ. I’m SUPER sad you’re leaving. But, if I read it right, it sounds like you’ve already got it figured out. Ty so much for going so far, literally hand-doing my Meta Madhouse calendars for me when my iPad acted up. There’s so many times u helped me personally, technically & improved my entire day. Ty for every one of those individual moments. I’ll always think of u whenever I see this panel.

That’s one of the earliest times I spoke to u on a thread that was asking if people learn anything from reading comics. I said I just learned a gargoyle w/o a water feature is called a Grotesque. You said- thanks, I’ll make sure to remember that at my next garden party- :joy:… You’re an amazing person, even behind all the facades, you can pick up on whether or not someone is being real. You’re u 100% of the time & you’re awesome!!! Best of luck AJ sending u off with some Batgirl love :green_heart::white_heart::heart::it: 🪄:sparkles::hugs:

v

18 Likes

Thank you Vroom for your kind words. :clark_hv_4:

Bibbo also ordered a bunch of extra Soder for the festivities tonight so everyone take one bottle and pass it down. :cup_with_straw: :superman_hv_4:

14 Likes

@Applejack as I’m sure by now you’re aware of us various community members planning to chain ourselves to your legs and hide in your yard, you will definitely be seeing us again soon. I refuse to believe this is goodbye. You were always a shining example of what a community leader should be. Your integrity and honesty in disseminating info from other sources as we endured DCU’s changes was always greatly appreciated. Your manner and dedication to keeping this community inclusive made this a great place to be on the internets. You are the classiest of classy.

I am sad to see you leave us but I know that you must seek out opportunities that enrich your life. I know that this new position (although I am willing to fight it, HISS!) must be worth it and you have made the best choice possible for you. Which makes me happy for you! I love seeing people move on to bigger and better things. We won’t forget you. I wish you the very best.

Plz to be telling us if you’ll be around for the DC fandome, other events or comic cons in the future. And also I’m curious if the new position is DC or media related but no pressure if you’d rather not say.

I love you. :purple_heart: take care.

One last cat pic for posterity:

20 Likes

Oh @Applejack, say it ain’t so!

I always knew this day would come and I always knew that we would be both prepared and completely un-prepared. How you’ve touched the lives of so many amazing people, you may never know. I suppose that goes for us all. I’m sure this thread will be gushing with love and tears so I will keep my goodbye short and sweet.

[[ :raised_hands: Picture all of our little DCU avatars lined up Wizard of Oz “sending off Dorothy” style :movie_camera: ]]

You will be greatly missed. I hope you carry our memories with you on the journey to your next adventure. We will never forget you.

:blue_heart: @KeyFamily

@Alec.Holland, welcome. :handshake: You know what they say - “Big shoes to fill, my man.”

16 Likes

Shoes so large that I won’t even try to fill them. They’ll take pride of place on a pedestal in the hall of fame. I’ll bring my own shoes and hope that they’re half as good! :athletic_shoe:

18 Likes

:grin: Any chance we can unbanned you? :slightly_smiling_face: Like Batman said, “After the fans say their goodbyes, you have my permission to say something.”
:roll_eyes:Ok he may not have said that, but you have to admit the ending to Dark Knight Rises was sad.

12 Likes

10 Likes

I’m sad to see you go! You are so welcoming and friendly among the other admins as well. Wishing you the best! Can we get some final thoughts from you?

1. Which team is better? Titans or Justice League?
  2. Most underrated hero in all of DC?
  3. You’ll still hang out right?
16 Likes

I’m sure you are going to have amazing shoes :smile::smile::smile:

13 Likes

I agree, @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder. I can tell he will. :wink:

12 Likes

I didn’t know @Alec.Holland wore shoes., in his DCUI identity.

13 Likes