Anything you'd like DC to discontinue?

For example, I know it’s a classic, but that cat-face batmobile has always struck me as too weird.

-Damian Wayne’s attitude. Have someone smack him down a few pegs, have it stick. He’d be good if his personality was more likable.
-This farce of Batman and Catwoman being in love. Either go back to the flirting every time they meet or just have them become a real couple. It stops being a tragedy and turns into a farce after a while.
-Finally when remaking characters, if you’re going to completely remake them then just retire the character and make a new one that “took their place”. If it is just a costume remodel then I get it, but if their entire look their entire body type. If literally everything about the character is going to be different then just make a whole new character. I mean, don’t change the actor and expect us to not notice the character looks different. It’s insulting in my opinion “Hey, Brin retired and this is a new Timber Wolf.” “Hey, Lucas Trent has retired and this is a new Midnighter.” “Hey, Jan retired and this is a new Element Lad.” “Hey, Garth Ranzz has retired and this is a new Lightning Lad.”

Sorry for making it so long.
Also, I know the last one isn’t exactly where you were going, but it’s still something I wish would be discontinued. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Take off Bendis in Superman

3 Likes

The use of the name “Dick Grayson”…

It should just be Ricardo Grasón or Richard Grayson. The first name is offensive.

1 Like

Right now I think he is going by Ric. So we can just do that until Grayson chooses to go back to “Dick”?
I don’t know if he is still Ric, because I stopped reading the series when he lost his memories. I just couldn’t get into it.

1 Like

-Dan Didio’s employment.
-Aged-up Jon Kent. I didn’t read the story but it still sounds stupid.
-Dumb ideas.
-Character deaths. I’m not saying that stories can’t/shouldn’t have stakes, but they’re seldom done well (though I wouldn’t mind making an exception to this in Harper Row’s case).
-The laziness that shows when normally competent crime-fighters forget how secret identities work.
-The character retcons from the Eternal series (especially Cass’). See “dumb ideas” above.
-Lex using–a certain person’s idioms in Young Justice. I know it was supposed to be satire (and I don’t like the guy, either), but it ended up more painful than entertaining.

5 Likes

Constantly “rebooting” characters instead of CREATING and EXPANDING what was/is already a limitless universe. Many characters have been misused, abused and/or down out ruined by these endless reboots. WORSE, just when readers might finally get used to the changes then BLAM time to reboot again. Create new stories & titles to capture the young/new readers you want, but do it in a way that we don’t have to twist our brains around things like “Superboy Prime was pounding on the walls of the Universe and that’s why So So changed sex, powers and history completely for a year” . . . SMH

6 Likes

They need to discontinue their attempts to make Harley Quinn their “Deadpool.” I don’t need to explain further.

3 Likes

The reboots and Crisis level events need to be scaled way back.

As for “swapping out actors”, I’m fine with that. Happens a lot. Just a simple one line announcement at the front of the first issue and move on. The secret is just do it and don’t bother trying to explain it. It doesn’t matter and just makes it more noticeable.

1 Like

Being too political.
I am not here for your opinion, I am here for amazing characters and cool stories.
I don’t want to hear villains quoting the elected president of the United States. I don’t want to read Catwoman marching up to the president in Injustice and demanding he change his polices to match yours. I don’t want to see a Hilary Clinton figure placed in a position that Trump should be in Superman: Reign.
So much political agendas. I am fine if you put things like: gay people or stuff like that but I dont want you to push your agendas through the comics and other related stuff.

(Also Supergirl the CW show but that may be a coincidence sort of)

Please stop. It is annoying and it is a great way to segregate readers. Please respect my/our opinions and please don’t force yours on us.

7 Likes

Whether I agree with it or not, artists should always put their beliefs and viewpoints in their work. And I’d like DC to discontinue the Titans TV show.

Everybody’s a fan of something. I wouldn’t want to discontinue anything unless it was necessary, even if it’s not to my tastes.

5 Likes

Cancel continuity changing Crisis. I mean after Crisis on Infinite Earths they kept the same continuity for what? More or less over 26 years, then did 2 in 5 years. Just stick to your continuity and go with it. Hard enough making it work over so many titles without endless reboots, it is just a lazy fix. If peopl don’t like how the continuity changes work, find writers who can make it work, don’t just convolute the entire universe over and over again.

3 Likes

-I’d like DC to stop throwing prior character growth and development under the bus every time some new writer comes along just for the sake of “fresh take” on that character. There are ways to both keep all the growth and development a character has gone through and still tell a new story with them.

-I’d also like writers to stop ignoring a character’s own continuity and whatever their characterization might be in their own title. I’m not a big continuity nut, far from it in fact, but I do like to see some consistency with regard to the characterization of characters between books. I like to feel that if I’m reading about the same character across multiple books, no five separate characters who all have the same name but who might as well be an entirely different character altogether.

5 Likes

mrpigisaboss if you get your wish, you are actually being kind of a hypocrite as that would be forcing your political opinion on those that have the opposite of you.

3 Likes

@foodini
Mrpigisaboss is not saying that he’d like for more conservative representation in comics, he’s saying that he’d like writers to be more politically unbiased overall. I think this is a totally reasonable request. I’m definitely side more with democrats on the political spectrum, and I still think that what @mrpigisaboss is saying is correct. It’s different if a writer is trying to write about social issues like racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. Those are topics that really should have stories told about them. Political agendas are less interesting story-wise, and tend to take the reader out of the experience. @Mrpigisaboss even makes that distinction.

5 Likes

Dark tones in Titans and the live action movies. I’m down with a dark tone, but it’s just ugly to me.

3 Likes

In animated movies, Nightwing is usually written as annoying to a point that I feel is out of character and Wonder Woman is usually obnoxious too.

2 Likes

And of course, for the love of whatever you hold dear, please stop raping the Batfamily and then just kind of moving on. Address it in a more thoughtful way or just don’t do it.

1 Like

I’d discontinue continuity. Batman in detective shouldn’t have to fit his book in or around Batman.

Comics, have been reduced to IP placeholders for movies, only have to tell a story not when it happened in relation to another story.

1 Like