Any news on the Green Lantern Corps movie???

Maybe one of you has credible information because it’s been awhile since we last got an update! Lol

2 Likes

I don’t but sure am hungry and thirsty for info so bad. It’s my most anticipated film besides The Batman

3 Likes

Last I was aware, Johns was writing it.

crosses his fingers that the Red Lanterns will be the antagonists and that there will be a MOS style throw down between Hal and Atrocitus

“You’re a monster Atrocitus, and I am going to stop you.”

8 Likes

So many great possibilities like that. Vroom with the good thinking

2 Likes

Thanks buddy :wink:

2 Likes

I think we’ll end up seeing Sinestro and Parallax as the main villains but wouldn’t be surprised to see an after credit scene with Atrocitus. :wink:

2 Likes

I think we’ll end up seeing Sinestro and Parallax as the main villains but wouldn’t be surprised to see an after credit scene with Atrocitus. :wink:

1 Like

I’d be down with Sinestro. Parallax is a villain to work up to. Drop hints about him in each movie that way when he debuts it’s a complete and total “Holy ****!” moment.

2 Likes

I’d also love to see Mark Strong return as Sinestro. The GLC flick obviously isn’t in the continuity of the GL movie, but so what? He nailed Sinestro when he was a GL. Just imagine what he’ll orchestrate from the role as a villain.

Show a flashback of Sinestro 2.0 as a a hero and then cut to the present where he’s a villain. Done deal.

2 Likes

Mark is such a great actor!!! Honestly, he hasn’t been in a bad movie before. Shazam fans better be glad he’s their villain lmao

2 Likes

He seems like a very nice guy too.

2 Likes

It’s such a shame we never got to see Sinestro develop into a villain in a Green Lantern sequel or Green Lantern: TAS season 2. But I am afraid that they’ll rush straight to Sinestro in the new movie and his betrayal to the corps won’t be as strong a moment as it could’ve been.

I know John Stewart is supposed to be in this movie, but what if we got some version of Secret Origin in the first 30 minutes of the film? You get to introduce the audience to Atrocitus (whom I imagine becoming the big bad later) as well as William Hand. At the same time, you get to see Sinestro be a hero.

1 Like

Exactly!!! I’m very confident in Geoff’s ideal replacements for the movie. Although, I just hope Armie Hammer and Tom Cruise are NOT cast as Hal. I would be pissed

1 Like

You know, I wouldn’t mind seeing Tom Cruise in a DC movie.

Maybe Cavill pulled his arm on the Mission: Impossible set…

4 Likes

Maybe have the Manhunters as the villains for the first movie, both to get an easily set up threat big enough to take on the entire Corps, and to show the Guardians as fallable, having messed up before, which then sets up a kind of redemption arc across two or three more films. Plus we get to see Sinestro as a hero while still giving him reason to want to harness the rest of the emotional spectrum.

The Star Saphires could work, too, so that there’s set up for a third movie based on War of Light (the second would be the Sinestro Corps).

1 Like

I can’t see the Manhunters as a selling point to movie goers. Yeah fans of the books would like it but I think they’ll go with the Sinestro Corps. Also, if they decide to include the original 4 Human Lanterns it’ll be a long film. Which kinda worries me because I’m not sure how we’ll manage to see all origins in depth in one movie. Oh well in Geoff we trust!

I think the Star Sapphires would have to be down the road. If anything, I would much prefer the emotional spectrum set up properly. After all, if the movie is successful we’ll get to see every corps incorporated.

You know what will be interesting is how’ll they tackle the rings and power batteries. Everyone knows Star Wars for the lightsabers and sounds so maybe if they do something similar and give each Corps a unique trait people will remember them by. :sunglasses:

Hugo Weaving as Sinestro. It. Must. HAPPEN!!!

1 Like

I have a feeling Tom will end up being Hal. Especially, since Top Gun is the epitome of Hal’s character. So, I can definitely see them using that as a selling argument. That and Cruise can kick some ass on screen for his age.