Any news on the Green Lantern Corps movie???

I’m a huge Tom Cruise fan but he’s over the age limit for this one unless they skip his origin and go the Batfleck route with him being a green lantern for decades.

2 Likes

I like Mads Mikkelsen better as Thaal. He can definitely play a sinister role. When he played Le Chiffre he nailed a modern day villain perfectly.

1 Like

I like Cruise too and I agree that he should skip this one. However, it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s who they picked.

Atrocitus would be cool. I hope they get an actor with a seriously deep and monstrous voice.

3 Likes

Who was the guy who did the voice of Zoom?? With that demonic voice… He should be atrocitus

1 Like

Isn’t it Teddy Sears? I could be mistaken lol

Too bad Josh Brolin is Thanos. I would have loved to have seen him play Atrocitus! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Nothing against Tom Cruise but he’s 87 years old now. Let’s go a little younger for Hal.

2 Likes

No teddy Sears did the actual character. But that evil voice was somebody else

1 Like

I think they’re wanting to go with a seasoned Hal Jordan for the movie so I doubt we’ll see a young version. But you’re right man he’s pretty old lmao

And gotcha! Thanks for the info!

If Cruise can run across buildings and still do alot of his own stunt work, he can wear a ring and act in front of blue screens.

Just don’t let Bradley Cooper be Hal…

2 Likes

I actually wanted Bradley Cooper (still do) to play Hal lmao. Him and Kransinski are my personal picks.

They could always connect it to the original film. Doesn’t have to be a total reboot. Recast Jordan a bit older. Have him a veteran of the Corp. Have Stewart brought in as a recruit. Do the first GLC as kind of a Training Day/Lethal Weapon kind of thing. Use the Parallax entity as plot. With the GLC and Sinestro looking for it. Late in the film, Jordan absorbs the entity. The Guardians declare a need for more Lanterns to battle ParaJordan. The closing of the first film shows rings locating Guy and Kyle. Sequel is the battle and redemption of Hal. Threequel is the beginning of the Sinestro Corp War leading into the other Corps being introduced.

1 Like

It’s been a while, but I believe Parallax was the villain in the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern movie

1 Like

Yes Parallax was in the Ryan Reynolds movie! However, that version of Parallax did not do the character justice.

They won’t touch the initial installment at all man lol. I like your concept though!

If Hal is indeed a season Lantern then they have to include the Spectre backstory.

Not necessarily. That’d add alot of baggage to the character for the average moviegoer.

Yes, we know the Spectre is important to Hal’s history, but then if you really wanted to be accurate to the source material, you’d have to include Parallax and…

…well, you can see how Joe and Jane Moviegoer that don’t read comic books would think to themselves: “Huh?”

Simplicity is the Order of The Day in character introductions. Especially reboots.

1 Like

Or you could include both…

:wink: