Any DCU Runners Out There?

ONLY 238 miles…that’s a lot :frowning_with_open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth:
I have zero miles
You should be very proud of yourself

4 Likes

I like do three runs a week: 30 minutes, one hour, and then one long run on the weekend (10-15 miles). It works really well for me. I live in New Hampshire and I love winter running. I’ve used snowshoes for years and even did a bunch of snowshoe races but now I find that I don’t need them as much anymore since there are so many fat tire bikers out there that they groom the trails so I can get away with a pair of screw shoes all season. I stopped racing as well due to back surgery, and now I am glad to be out there at all! Coming up on 50 so it is past time to start training with that in mind.

3 Likes

I just registered for this: Summer Around the Finger Lakes
It’s a little out of my reach but I wanted something to work for and I can mix biking in.

3 Likes

Thanks! That is a very positive way to look at things and I am going to adopt it.

3 Likes

I would like a nice winter run on a trail, I haven’t run anything longer than six in years. Something nice about getting into a different headspace when you’re doing 8 or ten.

3 Likes

That is cool. I did Wonder Woman and Batman last year, partly to help get my daughter into the idea

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Wonder Woman run!

5 Likes

Looks fun! Like the medal. Great way to have a little extra fun while training.

I never ran this race, but I used to direct races and the race director from the Finger Lakes 50’s gave me this.

6 Likes

My plan is to do 3 races in 3 places this summer. I forgot I signed up for the Rugged Maniac last year so that’s one already.

5 Likes

Distance You’ve Run in a Race/Fun Run

• Mile
  • Two Mile
  • 5 K
  • 10 Miler
  • 1/2 Marathon
  • Marathon
  • 30+ Miles
  • Other

0 voters

3 Likes

Our town used to have a Mall to Mall run that was 11 miles.

4 Likes

I just put in 10k this morning. I feel like I need more practice. I should have done better.

Ran a mission for Jack and Eugene which we may pay for for all eternity #zombiesrun

5 Likes

Did we ever get the DCUI Strava group going?

3 Likes

Got in an easy three miler yesterday. Back still feels good, so I’ll head out again tomorrow.

One thing’s for sure: I’m selling my weights and switching to calisthenics. Pretty much all of my post-surgery physical therapy was calisthenics and it felt great. Keep messing myself up thinking I’m still a powerlifter. I am not. Time to accept it.

4 Likes

I’ve got an inexpensive weight system in basement. I keep wanting to up the weight, but inevitably something gets pinched, strained, sore. I can keep lifting, just need to accept that I can’t bulk up anymore. So moderate on the weights for me.
Younger, I could bulk up, but it takes me a lot of effort and I lose it easily.

4 Likes

One thing I’ve learned is to do what works for you. Don’t force it. And with summer arriving getting out will be much easier.

4 Likes

You guys are killing it!! Ive been trying to up the amount of times i run but sometimes I cant quite get out of bed on time (lame excuse I know :crazy_face:)

• 3 mile hike this day 5/30

3 Likes

Yay Jack and Eugene thats on my to do as I just finished season 1. Also though dang! Do you have the zombies chase on too?

2 Likes

Omg used to do these all the time in NY, mud runs so much fun! always wanted to do a color run too, I did a spartan race one year hard but so much fun crossing that line. Now that I’ve moved to Texas I can’t imagine doing any of these, the heat kills me. :hot_face:

3 Likes

Heat is my enemy too. Younger living in AZ I could run in midday, now in Midwest the combo of heat and humidity sends me to the treadmill if I don’t run early.
Never did a mud or color run, that would be cool

4 Likes