Amazon Headquarters

I don’t know the surrounding controversy because this beautiful space is my one and only social media source… :sweat_smile: But speaking personally, when I saw this on League of Comic Geeks, I did recoil a bit.

Yes, as a Wonder Woman fan, I know all about “loving submission”…but the kneeling does not sit well with me, particularly with what happened between Eros and Yara. That whole storyline was just…super icky to me. And again, not out of place within the comic because that is just how Greek gods are! But as a cover…yeah, it’s a bit much for me. It probably is clickbait as you say, and those covers generally don’t work for me.

10 Likes

Just watched it and was heading over here to post a link…

Sasha is always fun to watch. I never read the Justice League so I thought the ice cream thing started with the movie and was soon thereafter perfected by DC Superhero Girls.

Oh, and I just ignored all that stuff about “younger audience” Sasha was talking about. :laughing:

7 Likes

That cover looks like something you would run into on the less savory side of the internet.

My response to the Yanick cover:

7 Likes

I get what you mean, but no one in those seedy sides of the internet draws as good as him.

Maybe I feel bad for him partly because he has legit become one of my favorite Wonder Woman artists. Seriously, just look at some of this:

10 Likes

:laughing: :+1:

5 Likes

I can get behind this. He has done some really great stuff.

It could be that maybe I just get overly defensive about Diana. That’s what happens when you are a superfan.

And I love doge memes. :laughing:

7 Likes

He’s an amazing artist! I definitely am a fan of his work generally. There is, though, a long history of hypersexualizing Wonder Woman, and all of the Amazons. And it’s a little depressing to me how much it seems to persist. They can be beautiful in art without being robbed of their dignity. :upside_down_face:

But also, like @SteveTrevor2.0, I am overly protective of Diana. So you can probably judge my reaction to that cover accordingly. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Hey guys, the first issue of Wonder Woman: Dead Earth is finally available on DCUI!

11 Likes

It’s a decent composition over all, like many of Paquette’s other pieces, but I am not a fan of the depiction. I’n not interested in or a fan of anything that even slightly degrades any woman, let alone Diana :balance_scale: and I can’t help it—that’s all I see here.

THIS :point_down:is far better work from Paquette, imo

Speaking of which, :rotating_light: Historia #3 was pushed to 12/27, everyone!

13 Likes

I was going to get a book discussion going for it, if you all are down? :wondersquadron2:

10 Likes

Absolutely! I read it back when it came out and I’m down to give it another read. :smiley:

8 Likes

I still haven’t had a chance to read this, I’m on board! :yellow_heart: I prefer that cover too. I don’t like the first one. At all.

7 Likes

I saw this and thought I’d just misremembered the date. So it was pushed back, huh? Also, apparently this will be the last issue? Not sure why I was under the impression there would be 4… :thinking:

7 Likes

we got sooo much awesome new stuff, i’m lookin g forward to finally reading dead earth

10 Likes

I hope we get this on Ultra next week!

9 Likes

I am down. :raised_hand: As low as I can go!

10 Likes

I’m down for this one too. I’m really impressed with the number of graphic novels and Vertigo that are available now. So much to catch up on, but I can’t wait to dig in!

8 Likes

Do we know that we’re getting more of these OGNs on the service? I thought the YA books that dropped with the start of Ultra was just a little extra to sweeten the pot. Also, I’m pretty sure the Diana, Princess of the Amazons/Diana and Nubia are middle school books and we’ve only gotten the YA books.

9 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure to be honest.

6 Likes

Yes, the book in question is part of the DC Kids books as opposed whatever the YA series is called. I did see we’re getting several of the DCSHG books (thanks for the heads-up, @Razzzcat :blush:), which are certainly also DC Kids. So maybe eventually? I dunno, but I hope so. There are a lot of great books in that line. I also like the Zatanna, Black Canary, and Green Lantern ones. :world_of_wonder:

8 Likes