Amazon Headquarters

Name: El Gaucho
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #263 (1979)
Creators: Gerry Conway and Jose Delbo
Abilities: Trick Bolas each with a different ability from producing deafening sound and choking smoke, to exploding bolas. Rides a flying robot horse which can outspeed a jet. Electric lariat which can incapacitate or cook depending on El Gauchos will. Pistol sized missile launcher. Army of trained attack Rhea which includes numerous robotic exploding Rhea

Backstory: The terror of the Pampas. El Gaucho is the greatest assassin of South America. A menace who has foiled not simply law enforcement, but the armies of nations.

Armed with an array of specialized gadgets which fit to his gaucho theme, El Gaucho is one of the operatives for ‘the Cartel’ An international assassination operation which for the right price will ensure the death of anyone for their employer. Boasting among their number the most skilled hit men of every continent.

El Gaucho in particular was a skilled and talented assassin. Unlike his fellow assassins who might operate with stealth and cunning in order to take care of their target, El Gaucho is loud and boisterous. Having no compunction with riding through the skies, carving his way through any defenses his targets may have and making a show of his efforts. Leaving corpses in his wake.

Additional Images

10 Likes

I thought El Gaucho was a Batman character…

4 Likes

Id like some advice for villains. When I get to figures like Circe, Ares, Etc, how should I credit those?
Like, their public domain and have been around thousands of years before DC was even a thing. But…

6 Likes

There IS also a Batman character by that name, yes. But ‘gaucho’ is basically a south American cowboy and you will find more than one character uses that name.

Kinda amuses me I confess. Like how one of Captain Marvels golden age villains was this menace by the name of ‘Spiderman’

5 Likes

That’s so funny!

Wait, Spiderman was a villain before Spiderman was created?

4 Likes

Toys of all these great characters need to be complete.

5 Likes

A little off topic but yeah,

J Jonah Jameson was right all along

8 Likes

It would be alot of fun to see Wonder Womans villains get more attention that way

6 Likes

Name: Tigra Tropica
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #26 (1947)
Creators: Joye Hummel and H.G Peter
Abilities: The ability to train a fleet of tiger butlers. Possession of an elite corp of highly trained tiger butlers. Tiger haver. Tiger riding. Pressure Point hypnosis. Unintentional and uncanny ability to cause heart attacks.

Backstory: Woman who realized she was thematically named and decided to double down on it. Tigra Tropica possessed a passionate love and adoration for tigers which became her favorite animal. Loved more than anything else, including human beings.

So great was her passion for tigers that the wealthy woman upon inheriting her estate, proceeded to fire the staff and turn her land into a tiger preserve which a vast number of tigers called home.

Training the tigers to handle the day to day tasks of her mansion such as groundskeeping, cleaning, cooking, Tigra soon had a capable collection of refined and dignified tiger butlers who learned to thrive in the perilous jungle that is high society.

However maintaining a lavish richlet lifestyle while also supporting and caring for a large ambush of tiger butlers was a costly affair. Her finances evaporating before her eyes.

In an effort to remain afloat, Tigra would hatch a most ingenious plan which she was certain would not only restore her lost wealth, but fund a further expansion of more tigers. She would form a tiger butler rental service!

For Tigra Tropica was certain that everyone must love tigers as much as she did and once people learned the joys of having a tiger butler, they would never be able to do without.

Thus being a woman ahead of her time, Tigra Tropica would use the most subtle and ingenious of ploys, the surprise free trial. She would select a lucky recipient and they would wake up that following morning with a tiger butler of their very own. One who maintaining the strict rules of hired help, would strive to remain out of sight of guests while always being on hand.

Thus be it serving breakfast in bed, pressing a suit, or chauffering their client around, the tiger butlers would strive to provide excellent service. Mysteriously those clients were prone to reacting with abject terror to having their every step followed by a dutiful tiger. A reaction which Tigra Tropica assumed the fault of a natural fear of the poor.

After a week of being tended to, the tiger butler would then take their client to Tigra Tropica, who would explain that this wonderful service could be there for $50,000 a year.

And if someone was to busy screaming in abject about tigers, she would press pressure points in an individuals head to hypnotize them into accepting the amazing deal which they would have to be crazy not to accept.

Additional images

10 Likes

@nuuninuunani You’re meaning the creators, right? :thinking: For the sake of simplicity, I’d either go w/ the original creator or most popular version. If that’s not :eyes: what you mean…please elaborate.

Anyone else got an opinion?

Also!! I’m going to go post this in collectibles, but saw this the other day :star_struck: thought I’d share. :green_heart: Enjoy.

11 Likes

That’s stunning! Love that quote! And Diana protecting that little girl reminds me of that beautiful photo of Gal and a little girl who was crying when she met her :purple_heart:

Seeing this photo again I just made myself cry :sob:

11 Likes

Aww. :face_holding_back_tears: Now I’m remembering being at the theater for WW 2017 and a hoard of little kids racing around the lobby like they were flying, smiling and play fighting. :muscle: Go tiny Amazons, GO!! :purple_heart: You are majestic.

Ps. Come check this out (and/or post something if you’re feeling artsy) if you got a min, everybody!

10 Likes

What manner of collectible is this, Razzz? I want one, whatever it is. :star_struck:

:sob:

11 Likes

Like, would I still count them as the original creator even though for example Ares, is a religious figure from some 4000 years ago?

7 Likes

I’d do the people that first put them in a Wonder Woman comic.

7 Likes

I also think this makes the most sense. :thinking:

7 Likes

Alright due to multiple requests to cover characters and the realization that if I try wait until I finish the villains first i’ll be waiting a year, im going to also rattle off some of Wonder Womans fun and amazing supporting characters.

Be they the long standing allies who have been around for decades or those close friends who vanish at the end of a creators run. I shall shine a highlight upon her allies because after eighty years she has built quite a large cast of such helpful individuals.

Name: Althea
First Appearance: All Star Comics #8
Creators: William Marston and H.G Peter
Abilities: Amazonian super strength and ability. Skilled physician.

Backstory: Royal physician for the Amazons of Paradise Island. Althea was highly regarded as the foremost mind in matters of medicine. An expert at tending to crashed pilots given how integral that specific detail is to the origin story, Althea might not always be close with Diana, but she is there.

Wonder Woman in many iterations is talented in the medical field. An ability which is generally attributed to Althea tutoring Diana as her apprentice in the medical field. Knowledge which would help Diana in her secret identity as a nurse by the name of ‘Diana Prince’

Other images

althea 4

9 Likes

Name: Morgana the Witch
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #186 (1969)
Creators: Dennis O’Neil and Mike Sekowsky
Abilities: Pet cat named Frimost can shapeshift into any animal. Has supreme magical ability allowing herself to bend and alter reality to her will. Invincibility.

Backstory: Hundreds of years in the past there was an all powerful sorceress known as Morgan Le Fay whose magic was beyond most mortal ken. A woman whose magical prowess made her a thorn in the side of Camelot for years.

Lesser known however is her daughter Morgana. An all powerful witch who dwarfs her mother in power, capable of rewriting all of reality should she so wish. Were it not for her bipolar and ADHD, she would be an unstoppable threat who would rule the universe with little effort.

However such an all powerful witch who so freely changes the world around her, herself changes far to often to do anything consistently. One moment she might decide to grant peoples wishes and cause someone to be adored by millions or make money rain from the sky.

Another moment she might be angry at someone urging her to get a haircut that she will send their razors to attack them for the crime of insulting her look. Controlling people to throw parades in her name or joust with sports cars. There was nothing beyond what Morgana was capable of achieving should she so wish.

However such an all powerful witch with such a tenuous grasp on concepts as feeble as reality rarely sticks around in one realm for long. Often growing bored over time and seeking out another layer of existence since traveling between them is effortless for one such as her.

Were someone to attempt to battle her with brute force, they would have the misfortune to discover that losing or being harmed are not concepts Morgana believe apply to herself, thus such efforts are doomed to failure as the very concepts are voided from reality.

additional images

9 Likes

Marvel’s Spider-Man has that ever lovin’ hyphen.

I would use your current format of first appearance and go from there.

8 Likes

Wonder Woman ally:

Name: Marya the Giantess
First Appearance: Sensation Comics #45 (1945)
Creators: H.G Peter and either Robert Kanigher or Joy Hummel
Abilities: Incredible strength, a mysterious kinship with animals.

Backstory: In the mountainous jungles of Mexico lived the giant physician. Using her gift of herculean strength to help others, Marya would wander the wilds in search of those in need, hoist them back to civilization, and use her knowledge of medicines to nurse them back to health.

Revealing herself to be capable of a fight with no hesitation to punch nare do wells, Marya would be offered a scholarship at Holliday college for her sheer awesome by Wonder Woman herself. With Marya agreeing with the intent of using the knowledge she would acquire to help her community.

Marya like the other Holliday Girls would join Diana on her adventures, aiding her in punching evil. However on these adventures curiously enough, any time when Marya is in danger, animals would throw themselves into harms way to try and rescue her. Whales if she is trapped on a submarine. Elephants when she is touring Africa. For reasons unknown, animals know when she is in need of aid and will race to assist her.

Additional

marya the giantess 4

9 Likes