Amazon Headquarters

I don’t know German Expressionism, but I gather that an understanding of it may assist in your enjoyment of the trilogy.

7 Likes

Quite possibly. That said from what ive garnered from 'Blue Angel’s wikipedia page (the movie this comic is drawing inspiration from) the conceit of the story as a story is just rather a bizarre choice compared to ‘Superman book based on the film which inspired Supermans very city’ and ‘Batman book based on one of the most famous vampire movies ever’

Going by a wiki page on ‘Blue Angel’ which ‘Blue Amazon’ is based on, it is about a school teacher who falls in love with a stripper, quits his job to marry her, and follows her around and sponges off of her until he gives into despair and dies.

Which isn’t that far divorced from this book and to give a summination of the story as far as I remember it.

Steve Trevor and someone else are investigating the history of Metropolis and discover that despite records, they discovered there was a secret founder in Paula Von Gunther. She made a flying island in the sky which unbeknownst to the city below, is populated by animal amazons she created.

While researching, Steve frequents Doctor Psychos strip club and discovers an amnesiac stripper slave Diana whose mind is a blank and she is used by Psycho. He tries rescuing her, and dies.

Meanwhile, the furry Amazons Attack, leading to them fighting Superman and Batman to a draw.
Back at the strip club Diana starts regaining her memories, leading to her leaving Psychos club and challenging Cheetah, killing her, and declaring herself queen of the Amazons, ending the Amazons Attack.

9 Likes

Dear Writers,

Please keep your German Expressionism away from my Diana.

Sincerely,
Angel

:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Name: Queen Leila
First Appearance: Sensation Comics #79
Creators: Joye Hummel and H.G Peter
Abilities: Co-Ruler of the Sun Country, possession of powerful light based technology, leads an army of followers, possesses a ring which emits light that controls the emotions of others

Backstory: Hidden away deep within the Gobi Desert and surrounded by orange rock mountain lay hidden the secret Sun Country. A secret country which lay hidden away behind the nations technological wonders such as invisibility, force fields, and a powerful laser array which would disintegrate even atoms which came into their path.

In this nation where everyone had a twin, the land was jointly ruled by twin queens. Queen Solara, a just and peaceful soul who sought to keep to themselves and remain in hiding.

And her twin sister Queen Leila, A more antagonistic and aggressive sort. She is her sisters opposite in virtually every way save for her unwavering love for her country. Where Solara wants peace, Leila wants war. Where Solara chooses to hide away behind their borders, Leila seeks to wage war upon the world which they are afraid of.

However despite her best efforts, Leila being the far more harsh of the twin sisters, had very few amongst her people who sided with her. Thus Leila began plotting. Trying to twist the situation into her favor so that she could lead her nation into war with the outside world and use their advanced technologies to destroy and dominate the outside world which filled her people with fear.

To do this, Leila would leave the country in disguise and fooling people into looking into the Sun Country, would force her nations hand, driving an inevitable confrontation with Wonder Woman wherin Leila pretended herself to be the peaceful one of the two, leading to Wonder Woman going after Solara. An act which could instigate war, leading to Leila trying to rule the nation with a militaristic bent unopposed!

With the power of the Sun Countrys solar powered technologies which bend not only light, but emotions to their wills, Queen Leila was confident that nothing could stand in their way.

Additional Images

9 Likes

Reading Nubia Coronation Special and I confess, I expected there to be more?
I like what we got, though it created alot more questions than answers

7 Likes

I liked it! But of course there is more to come with her series.

If people want to discuss, we could probably do that on the TOTA thread!

6 Likes

Don’t mind me- just lurking, and wanted to drop these off:

#SweetJustice :smile:

:00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

8 Likes

:heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

Thank you for these! Do you know when DCSHG is coming back, @DC89? I have been watching too much dark stuff recently…I need this show! :pray:

7 Likes

That cartoon borrowed SOOOOOO heavily from William Messner Loebs Wonder Woman run to influence Dianas character. XD

7 Likes

@D4RK5TARZ Agree. At minimum we have a good example of what NOT TO DO to our beloved Diana. Plus my expectations are pretty low now. :laughing: Alright, let’s do it! :purple_heart: :balance_scale: :wondersquadron1:

Not on Netflix yet, as far as I’ve heard. Haven’t seen any new eps recently, either.

9 Likes

No word on when the series will return yet. Even my raven at WB doesn’t know (or at least they’re not saying). It’ll be back soon tho. :+1:

7 Likes

I haven’t read it yet! :face_with_peeking_eye: I’ll be back! :purple_heart:

8 Likes

But hopefully soon! Our WAL is on standby! :hugs:

7 Likes

:00_wonder_woman_stars: :00_batgirl:

7 Likes

:purple_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Yay! :smiley:

6 Likes

Just wanted to remind that one of the Amazons is a priestess of Hecate named Galenthias who obtained incredible magical power in exchange for being a cat.
Galenthias_(New_Earth)
Wonder Woman #605 (2011)

12 Likes

I love her!! :heart_eyes_cat: Then there’s the mysterious black cat from the Nubia series, Nyx - tied to the goddess of night somehow, perhaps? Or did Nubia just think this was a fitting name for her? :thinking:

I loved the glimpse of her we got again in today’s special. Give me all the scenes with Io and cats.

I require more cats in my Wonder Woman comics, DC. Please expand on this. :joy_cat:

8 Likes

HMMMMMM…The mystery thickens…

6 Likes

Name: Aknaten
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #23 (1947)
Creators: William Marston and H.G Peter
Abilities: Advanced Ancient Egyptian technologies, guarded by aspects of his own being, knife haver, a small army of minions.

Backstory: Ancient Egyptian pharoh who ruled all of Egypt an unknown number of thousands of years ago. Aknaten Claimed himself and his followers to have been preserved for thousands of years unchanged thanks to rare spices which last so long as ‘Aknaten has a will to live’

The ancient Egyptians possessing incredible scientific genius which the modern era has yet to achieve themselves. Making advancements from mind control helmets to ancient Egyptian laser beams. The full scale of ancient Egypts technological prowess is a mystery.

When Proffessor Chemico discovered and disturbed Aknatens tomb, this awoke Aknaten who driving away Chemico, appeared in a secret laboratory hundreds of feet below his tomb, wherin he plotted to have his revenge for the attempted grave robbing by leveling the modern world and rebuilding the Egyptian Empire in all of its glory.

Aknatens scientific prowess a marvel in its own right, the Egyptian tomb was also guarded by the Ka and Ba of Aknaten. Which…Somehow existed separate of him. Ready to stop any from going against Aknatens will.

additional images

10 Likes