Set The Mood: Nubia

setthemood

Inspired by Nubia & the Amazons, Nubia wins the spotlight this week!

It probably goes without saying that I’m a big fan of Vita Ayala’s writing, so I was excited to see them take on our Themysciran queen. She also looks amazing in gold, so there was a very fun palette to work with right off the bat.

I’m eager to see how the new Amazonians will flourish in their unique talents, and how Nubia herself will handle the evil brewing from Doom’s Doorway … :eyes:

* Featuring part of an amazing render by RenderGoddess!

Anyone else have a favorite of the new sisters, by the way? I'm taking a quick liking to Bia!
QUICK Q&A:

Hold up, Static. What the heck is a moodboard?
Putting it simply, moodboards are a series of graphics that are used as a way of capturing the atmosphere surrounding a particular subject to briefly immerse the viewer into the “mood” of said subject. Kind of like collages! Which is why there’s no right or wrong way to make one. You could make one entirely out of relevant quotes, or organize one by a certain color palette, or just fill it up with pics of things that represent the subject point-blank. It’s your board!

How do I make a moodboard? How do I post it here?
Personally, I find the easiest way to make moodboards is through Pinterest. For those who aren’t familiar with the site, it’s a hub for images/videos that can be added to “boards” you create based on personal interests or whatever you’re particularly searching for. Many people use it for the sole purpose of creating moodboards, so there’s plenty of stuff to work with there if you’re not inclined to create one from scratch.

That said, you’re also free to make one through any editing program if you don’t wanna go about making a whole Pinterest account! Just paste the graphic(s) here as you would any other image. If you’re doing a Pinterest board, feel free to drop the link to it, or provide a preview screenshot!

And finally, for those who don’t wanna do either of those things but still want to participate, you’re more than welcome to create a moodboard of your own here by posting any pictures you may find relevant and just sort of talking about your thought process on them. (Ex. post a photo of masks and talk about how that may relate to “Crazy” Jane.) Otherwise, feel free to just openly discuss your thoughts on the topic at hand.

As always, remember to keep all contents of this thread respective of the Forum Guidelines. This includes doing your civil duties to keep a check on profanity, keep things SFW, and remain respectful towards one another’s work. For now, let’s also stick to posting :warning: ONE BOARD PER PERSON (PER TOPIC)! :warning:

8 Likes

Is it just me or would Nubia and the Amazons make a cool name for a rock group?

6 Likes

It’s not just you. That would be such a kickass AU. :eyes:

6 Likes

I don’t fully understand what to do for this?

3 Likes

Hey @Jurisdiction! :wave:

Each week, @staticshocks picks a character to highlight for the weekly “Set The Mood” activity, in which you’ll create a mood board for that character! A mood board is basically a collection of images that relate to a topic - kind of like a collage. It’s fairly free-form, so you could post pictures, fanart, gifs, etc.

Here are some other threads with further examples: [1] [2] [3]

6 Likes

Oh alright! I’m 100% in!

4 Likes

I think this is really cool! Hope you all agree!

9 Likes

Oh wow, nice addition!! There’s a lot of great composition going on in this piece!

6 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Dear whoever is reading this,
I’ve finally made a proper mood board, and it’s a full circle moment. The first one I ever participated in I think (even tho I went rogue :pirate_flag:) was for Diana, and it took all the way to Nubia for me to fiiinally do the homework assignment correctly! :stuck_out_tongue: Go me!

For our new queen :crown: :wondersquadron1:

10 Likes

That looks so cool!!!

4 Likes

AND IT’S PERFECT!

Awesome piece Razzz! Love the palette. And what a perfect shot of her to use :eyes: I like the “frame” you made of all the other pics too!

6 Likes

Thanx @Jurisdiction & @staticshocks! :hugs: I’ve been meaning to try and do one of these the right way for a while, lol, and this one inspired me, so I’m glad that came across.

:eyes: It’s good right? That’s my favorite variant of hers. Here’s a couple more…since I’m here. Might as well stick w/ tradition a little. :laughing:

6 Likes

YESSSSS!! I love love love when the Amazonians are drawn with muscle definition. Definitely one of my faves along with these two:

Also funny to see a Juni Ba piece here! I followed him for a while on Twitter back in the day but had no idea he did work for DC :open_mouth: Love it!

6 Likes

Very Nice.

4 Likes

@staticshocks Yes, yes and YES! :muscle: :wondersquadron1: That’s a great variant too. There have been SO many great pieces for the Wonderlings this year—I feel kinda spoiled! :laughing:

(Why yes I do have more!)

Ps. Thank you @RexRebel! :green_heart:

7 Likes

Fire :fire:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

Those look so cool!

5 Likes