Am I the only one who enjoyed Justice League?

I saw JL in theaters about 5 or 7 times with family and friends, and it never got old. Obviously, like many have said, it has its problems, but the character moments, and action made it a movie that never gets old to me. I mean Steppenwolf mentioning the NEW GODS!!! like c’mon that alone is awesome. At the end of the day i can look past the reshoots and all that because we Cant change that. I see what we got and i am Grateful that we have a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie.

I understand why people wouldnt like the movie but i dont understand why so many bash others for enjoying it.

Let people enjoy what they enjoy!!

5 Likes

One more of the soon-to-be abandoned (I devoutly hope) “dark” DCEU movies. There’s a reason it got 40% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Besides, Henry Cavill was the very worst Superman, ever. He’s perfectly suited as Geralt of Rivia (who also rarely smiles), and I wish him well. But we need an actor who, as did the late Christopher Reeve, portrays the OG superhero as he truly is, the ultimate Good Guy, the sight when things are horrible, means that everything is going to be all right.

Audiences had no idea who Cyborg was, and, aside from the Trinity and CW Flash, none of the others had had a solo movie.

Y’know, the way the first Avengers movie came out after the main characters were well-established to the audience. Then, Thanos was hinted at, a post-credits at a time, and the audience was ready for INFINITY WAR.

PLEASE don’t just use Darkseid as another Steppenwolf this time; the audience would be as unfamiliar with him as they were with Steppenwolf, who was a pretty generic CGI villain in JL.

Talk about him in a couple of movies, introduce Orion or Big Barda for something for JL to encounter, and by the name of all that’s holy, DON’T make it a fight. Show Apolokips and New Genesis. Let the audience know, in no uncertain ways, that Darkseid is to the DCU what the dear, departed Thanos was to the MCU.

Just introduce Darkseid gradually; these things must be done delicately…

More character development is a must.

DC has such great characters, who are being very well-written in the pages of DC Comics. They have been very poorly served in the movies.

Aquaman and Shazam (I will always call him Captain Marvel. Why can’t two separate universes have two characters with the same name?) were hopeful signs that the DCEU movies will right themselves and give lifelong (and for me, that’s 62 years; I’m 71) fans the movies we, and the characters, deserve.

PS–The DC suit against Fawcett over Captain Marvel being a copy of Superman was entirely fallacious. Superman is a strange visitor from another planet, while Captain Marvel is 100% magic.

In a Morrison JLA story, in fact, Captain Marvel punched Superman out cold. Superman’s biggest vulnerability is magic.

Q.E.D.

I liked Justice League, no ifs or buts. That fact that it didn’t do well and DC is “correcting course” gives me the same feeling you get when a show you’re really into is cancelled. Oh well, at least it will always be there to enjoy, and, hopefully one day DC can make it happen successfully. No reason they shouldn’t be able to.

2 Likes

@oldrocker99 While I don’t know if that argument would’ve held up in court (what with their similarity in appearance and some powers), it’s not outside the realm of possibility to suggest that the lawsuit was spurred, at least partly, because Captain Marvel was outselling the Man of Steel at the time.
A cynical approach, but not an outlandish one.

1 Like

I thought that JL, by itself, was an enjoyable movie, although it was hamstrung by the 2 hour runtime limit that WB put on it. But, for those of us who really loved MoS and BvS, it was an ill-fitting if not poor conclusion to the trilogy.

4 Likes

I bought UP on 4k it was very good.

I’ve liked literally all the DCEU films - even though two of them in particular kinda do injustices to their cjaracters - and this movie… I found mediocre. Probably my least favorite of the DCEU films so far.

1 Like

I think it would have been better if Ezra Miller played a more Joking Flash like Bart or Wally. He just didnt seem like Barry to me and it threw me off. However I did enjoy the visuals just kinda seemed like they rushed everything.

2 Likes

I couldn’t get past the cgi mustache and the “something is definitely bleeding” line from Batman. Whedon should’ve been fired amd WB should’ve delayed the film instead of doing fans a great injustice with the film they claim to be Justice League.

1 Like

Saw it twice in the theater, and own a copy of the movie. I thought it was quite good, just very different from Snyder’s movies.

2 Likes

@Jbyrd821 you can blame Kevin Tsujihara for that one. He didn’t want to delay the movie. He insisted keeping the movie in production so it would come out by a certain date so he and others could get a bonus.

Won’t say it was perfect and as a die hard Justice League fan I wish it had been better. But I definitely thought it was a watchable film with some moments. Not a great film but would not call it a bad movie either.

2 Likes

I liked it too

Ezra’s Flash was annoying tho. He couldn’t even run properly.

I thought it was fun

I liked it alot , alot of critics destroyed it because it wasn’t made by a certain other company I wont mention but that company has had plenty of crappy movies but somehow those movies are still given good reviews just because of the label and for DC that’s not the case , there’s alot of unnecessary hate for alot of DC movies imo…

2 Likes

There were a lot of individual things I enjoyed about it, I don’t regret going to see it, but there were also clearly behind the scenes problems that damaged the finished final product.

2 Likes

@batmanforever1983 I completely agree. There is a lot of unnecessary hate. I saw a some of it quelled with Aquaman and Shazam. It’s not over as there are always going to be naysayers who want to come in, throw stones and leave like cowards, but knowing there are more DC movies down the line when so many kept trying to tell us the movies were going to fail and we’d never see any more down the line is amazing.

3 Likes

I also enjoyed it. It had some great scenes. I like it even better the more I watch it. Some of the finer details of The Flash were out of character and didn’t come across well I thought but not the poor movie generally accused to be. It is a fun first JLA movie. I agree that there is some pretty strong biased reviews that the MCA gets which their movies are not that much better than the DC movies. Aquaman was great but gets a lower rating than some other MCU flicks. Lots of hate that is not reasonable.

2 Likes