Am I the only one who enjoyed Justice League?

When I saw Justice League with my grandma, we both loved the film. I think that the tone of the film was what the DCEU needed. So am I the only one here who enjoyed the film?

16 Likes

I enjoyed it, too. Yea, you could tell things were cut out, but I think it still was a fun experience at the theatre.

Considering it got rushed into production so Kevin Tsujihara could get a bonus, it was still enjoyable.

3 Likes

Yes it is solid. Zack Znyder filter and aesrhetic kinda ruins it a bit.

1 Like

There were a lot of things in that movie that disappointed me. It was meh at best

2 Likes

I’d give it, like, a friendly 6. I sure don’t hate it, and I’d watch it over MoS or BvS 100% of the time

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the movie. My entire family did. My mother even enjoyed Aquaman, and she hates superheroes.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting and at times fun mess of a film.

2 Likes

Batwatch is right, a fun mess

3 Likes

I enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Guilty pleasure. Clearly not a well put together film, but as someone who watched animated DC shows as a kid, I loved watching all of these characters on the screen together

4 Likes

I liked it. Just wish Hal Jordan was established or at least given an Easter egg in the movie. Oh well

6 Likes

I thought it was alright. Made my own fan edit of it (by using a couple of others as a basis) and turned it into a decently enjoyable movie. Still want to see the true, unchanged JL, though (the Snyder Cut).

I personally think that if a movie is so fundamentally changed so late into production, the original version deserves to be released (like Superman II: The Donner Cut).

4 Likes

Didn’t like it when I first saw it, but it’s gets cuter every time I watch it. Kinda like watching a 5 year old play with a penny and a light socket.

4 Likes

I didn’t love it, but I enjoyed it infinitely better than BvS. Yes, it suffered from two very different directors. Yes, that bit where Flash faceplants onto Wonder Woman’s chest was redundant and unnecessary (seriously, Joss). Yes, Steppenwolf was not as interesting as he could have been.

But–it didn’t make my pre-existing depression even worse. It was not up its own butt about how “serious” or “grown up” or “real” it was while touting an undeserved level of pretentiousness. It didn’t try to pass itself off as smarter than it really was.

Was it a great movie? I would say no, and I probably wouldn’t get it on DVD or Blu-ray. But it wasn’t bad. I prefer it to whatever Snyder would’ve done on his own. Honestly, I’d rather set my hair on fire than have sat through that.

Not my favorite DCEU film, but not nearly as bad as everyone says it is.

3 Likes

As it stands, it’s horribly compromised. It’s still miles ahead of Man of Steel, but the other DCEU movies are superior.

It had its problems but I enjoyed it. A lot cool action and some nice laughs and good scenes. Overall a good enjoyable movie in my opinion.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the heck out of it, and defend it as way better than is generally accepted to this day.

If we ever do get a ‘Snyder Cut’, I want it packaged with a ‘Whedon Cut.’ That way we get two very different JL movies - we could even pretend that they’re parallel universe versions of the same story! :grinning:

5 Likes

I like the Justice League movie alot.

It’s not the definitive, jaw-dropping, mind-boggling in every way it could ever be, live-action Justice League movie that we’ll likely get one day, but for what it is, it’s alot of fun.

4 Likes

Everyone focuses on the cg on Cavill, but they don’t acknowledge the good parts and how it set the stage for future DCEU movies.

Off the top of my head I remember the crowd flipping out at Wonder Woman’s debut scene, the flashback with the Green Lantern, the tunnel battle, Superman spotting The Flash out of the corner of his eye, Martha seeing Clark, Superman’s return, the shirt rip, the Flash/Superman race and the Luthor/ Deathstroke scene. These moments got a huge reaction from the crowd and it made the movie more fun.

2 Likes