Am I the only one who enjoyed Justice League?

I do like it. It’s my 4 favorite of the DCEU Movies. Do I think there was a better Movie, of course, but there was still so much to love in what we got. I think the best scene to come out of the Josstice League re-shoots was the Batman intro, that has to be one of the best Batman being Batman scenes to ever jump off the page onto the screen ever!

1 Like

the DC movies have a large amount of criticism. personally, I feel that much of it is unfounded. Justice League was a decent movie, with a lot of good to it. that said, I feel as though there were too many cooks in the kitchen. the initial vision could have worked well, and cutting out necessary character moments took a whole lot away from the impact. emotional connection to the characters is tough when Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg were all brand new to many movie goers, and they didn’t really know who they were or where they came from. that was a misstep, by forcing it to be under 2 hours. I’m still interested to see what could have been, but we won’t ever have it continued or delivered on anyway, so maybe it’s just a good time to focus on individual films set in the same universe but not reliant on crossovers for a while.

4 Likes

I think the whole thing with criticizing Cavill’s upper lip was blown way out of proportion and into ridiculous extremes.

Mostly by people who wanted to hate the movie no matter what, and were looking for the teeniest, tiniest morsal of something that they could jump on and start lambasting the movie over.

Besides, it’s a fact that Paramount is to blame for the whole thing. Their contract with Cavill forbade him from shaving (for some very odd reason), so WB had to do a rush job to get rid of it. I’d say given the circumstances, they did a good job.

6 Likes

I agree with Vroom, I loved it. I’m not going to nitpick because as far as I’m concerned Nolans trilogy had WAYYYY more problems and yet nobody talks about that lol

5 Likes

@GibbyFresh That’s because The Dark Knight Trilogy is great and one of the best movie trilogies ever.

Yes, yes, The Dark Knight Rises has a few issues, but not enough to derail the whole thing though (for me at least).

1 Like

@vroom, I agree. The whole mustache thing got overblown. It became the annoying meme everyone latched onto. I think aside from the cellphone footage at the start, the rest you probably wouldn’t have noticed if no one said anything.

2 Likes

@superby1 I’d argue “annoying meme” is an oxymoron, but there are a few good ones out there.

The phone scene is where you can maybe see a lil’ VFX wonkiness. Maybe. Otherwise it’s fine for the rest of the movie.

I saw Justice League when it came out and continue to watch it because it’s entertaining. Not to overanalyze an actor’s upper lip. I’m no VFX expert anyway.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the mustache edit just a few blink-and-you’ll-miss-it frames out of the entire movie anyway?

1 Like

@SuperBatDanLantern AFAIK, that’s right. That’s why the uproar over the whole thing was bewildering.

2 Likes

I didn’t get the hubub about the mustache. I think people needed one unifying thing to make fun of the movie like the “Martha” bit from Dawn of Justice. They needed a low hanging fruit to make fun of and pat themselves on the back.

I watch Justice League and I have fun with it. That’s all I’m looking for out of these movies. I think that’s what we’re all looking for. And come on, who wasn’t smiling at the end when Cavill did the shirt rip?

3 Likes

raises hand to indicate he liked the ending shirt pop

3 Likes

@Vroom, you’re the best! :joy:

1 Like

I enjoyed it when I first saw it. Re-watches have been enjoyable as well. I think the movie could have been a home run, but it misses the mark in a few places. my biggest complaints are that Batman wasn’t written well, Superman’s inconsistency, and I had hoped for more set up for Darkseid. My favorite scenes were the Green Lantern tease, and the heist from Themiscyra. I hope we get a sequel some day, though not sure how they’ll pull it off with all the changes that have come since.

1 Like

I did

1 Like

I think were much of the critisism from DC fans comes from is that while this was enjoyable, it had the potential to be amazing and raise the bar for the genre and the DCEU. It didn’t do that.

3 Likes

I liked it. Was is great?..no, but it was fun to watch. It definitely could have been better. If the director change didn’t happen along with the corporate meddling it could have been much better. It was by no means bad though.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the movie. Was it the best thing I have ever seen? No, but it was a fun time at the very least.

2 Likes

Watching it the first was good but then rewatching and there’s so many things that could’ve been done to make it better. Like writing the script and how to execute the scenes a lot better. The only scene i believe was executed properly and with full attention was Batman saving Martha. Everything else felt short.

Justice League is also fun for me because despite the studio meddling, the change in directors and that annoying wave of people who just want to hate on DC movies because they’re not the other companies movies, it was a lot of fun to watch. The movie had so much negativity surrounding it and I’m baffled as to why. Yes, it had problems but it was nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be.

3 Likes

Justice League is bad. But it’s good-bad.

1 Like