All Things Man of Steel - Superman Collections

Love the Jim Lee Superman on the left. It’s one of those pieces that look more impressive in-hand than in pictures. Great stuff as always, @Major-General-Dan-El :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

That is an amazing collection!

1 Like

Very impressive - and a lot of dedication. Nearly everything I have that is collectible is DC but no where near as impressive as this or even near the other very serious collectors here. What I do own is largely Supes, and Flash.

And while I own a large collection of books, these are iBook digitals which I doubt I’ll be able to pass on to someone when I pass away, even with my account access. My book collection is small because I got rid of a lot of physical media, but what I have is primarily DC and almost all the DC is Superman or Superman Family. I want to get into collecting some prints, however.

3 Likes

That is why I love posting on here. For every collector who tells me how impressive my collection is and they wish they could do the same there is a collector above me that makes me feel the same way.

Its a vicious circle but I love collecting Superman and talking and meeting with fellow collectors.

Keep on collecting!

3 Likes

Added two more to the ever growing collection!

4 Likes

You have a lot of statues and a lot of signed things, as well as collecting things I would not - such as floppies and collected editions. I really only have one prized statue and of the statues that are out there, that are still for sale, the ones that interest are a bit more than what I would like to spend, and I also have to consider what shelf and space I would have to display a statute based on what else I own.

Although I also did just spend what I consider to be an excessive amount on the secondary market an auction for the Bombshell of Lois since I do consider what many people call the support (or the Superman Family Members) to be key to the Superman stories.

Yes, I do have books but very limited and, except for the paperback TPB collection of Superman/Madman Hullaboo, nothing I own could possibly get signed, except perhaps for maybe getting writer signatures from some of the more modern people that were excerpted in the 75th Anniversary Superboy HC.

My stuff is more in the way of action figure and I’m shooting for things which either appeal to my design sensibilities or which connect to me otherwise (e.g. why I’ve gotten some of the McGuinness Public Enemies action figures, because while I wouldn’t list him in my top three as an illustrator, I do really like how the action figures based on his art look very unique compared to the rest of the Superman action figures that are out in public for ‘consumption.’

I’m also shooting for silver age characters, Smallville stuff (I still really want to find something that relates to Jonathan and Martha and they may be a case where I think I might have to consider some artwork - or be prepared to wait a good long time!) and some of the Legion characters, primarily the main three and Mon-El, although I bought this entire lot as used figures because it was a good price and combined the shipping fee, although I am already planning on re-selling at least two of them.

2 Likes

The latest and greatest addition to the Fortress

4 Likes

Picked these up at the flea market today for $2 ea and when i got home one of them was signed by George Perez! :00_superman1:

5 Likes

Picked up this some time ago! They said it was from Smallville

@Bar-El do you remember seeing this?

2 Likes

Made this Meme to hang up and then one year at San Diego Comic Con they were selling this…

So now we look for everything we can…

5 Likes

Yeees :joy: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Oooooooooo! I love the setting in the black crystals!

3 Likes

I am trying something new inside my “Fortress” and would like an honest opinion on the matter.

Thank you

4 Likes

I like it!

I have my “cave” and have a couple of non-Dc characters thrown in my DC-Shelf, because it’s happened in comics before.

3 Likes

I would love to see that!

2 Likes

I really do need to do an update picture on what’s in the collection. Warning! Most of it is Batman-related

2 Likes

I love the mashup you’ve got going on! I wonder if you could find a huge version of He-Man as well to put on that right side for perfect symmetry :thinking:

3 Likes

Shooow us, shooow us! :smiley:

2 Likes

Like I said in your other post, I like it. I think it’s cool to mix franchises like that, and you tie them together very nicely with that comic. Well done!

3 Likes

Sadly only He0-man’s even close to that size would be a fortune! (Big He-Man fan!)
Major-General-Dan-El: very cool set-up!

1 Like