Alan Moore: The Roundtable Discussion

No, Moore’s book is much better and not filled with dated pop culture references

8 Likes

Hey!!! Letterman Top 10 lists might be dated but I still giggle when I watch them on YouTube.

5 Likes

Probably someone already mentioned this above, but what Alan Moore did with Supreme over at Image was astonishing and a huge love letter to the Silver age Superman Era.

7 Likes

Think that’s the first Supreme call out.

5 Likes

medium_Supreme_TheReturn_v1_4_00fc

7 Likes

I do remember reading that, though I don’t really remember anything about it

3 Likes

One more that shows that A Moore really leaned heavily into the Silver Age Supes feel.

It reminds me of what Grant Morrison did with Superman at one of those crises at the end.

5 Likes

Ironically, I do like Doomsday Clock. I think it’s partially because I like crossovers, partially because I’m getting into a JSA phase thanks to Stargirl, and partially because Doctor Manhattan was one of the only parts that didn’t completely repulse me. Disturbing, gritty moments in Watchmen- oh, look, some guy on Mars and he can do basically anything!

6 Likes

Re Supreme

It doesn’t appear
To be available on
Comixology

I tried

Supreme
Alan Moore

Redit says the
Art was lost

Over at Kindle
It lists 24 issues available
Under another company

Bought one issue

Kindle’s comic reader
Is primitive
Compared to
Comixology

With no view by panel
That I can find

Just
Page view and enlarge

Supreme
Is even more
Primitive

Have to enlarge
To get full page

But only
89 cents per issue

Issues not in any order

Found
Return part 1

In middle.

6 Likes

I think one of the things Moore does is generate strong reactions, doesn’t mean they are all positive

5 Likes

His Supreme run starts I believe at #41.

5 Likes

I have been as well! Not sure if it is Stargirl or the random books I have been reading like Power Girl.

6 Likes

Moore wrote Supreme 41-56 and The Return 1-6.

7 Likes

The trade with the cover shown above is $100 on secondary markets. Seems a no brainer to reprint or digitize

7 Likes

I’ve been buying the issues here and there and maybe have half. Some of them are a tad expensive I will admit, which is why I don’t own them yet.

8 Likes

Happy anniversary @Don-El!!!

9 Likes

Happy anniversary my friend @Don-El

9 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Don-El hope its a great one.

9 Likes

Happy anniversary @Don-El!

9 Likes

Thank you everyone!

8 Likes