Actors in Multiple DC Roles

Brandon Routh played Superman in Superman Returns, and plays The Atom in CW’s Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. Which other actors have played multiple roles in DC film and television? (Animation doesn’t count.)

1 Like

Dean Cain

He was Clark Kent/ Superman on Lois & Clark. In Smallville he played Dr Curtis Knox who is actually considered to be the alias of Vandal Savage in that show by the writer & fans due to his backstory & the fact he was intentionally to be named Vandal Savage originally . And if you count his role in Supergirl as Jeremiah Danvers then it’s 3, but I really just count the 2 since Danvers is a made for tv character, but I could be wrong .

7335819_f520.jpg

4 Likes

Teri Hatcher played Lois on Lois & Clark, and Queen Rhea on Supergirl.

Linda Carter played Wonder Woman on the WW series and the president on Supergirl.

2 Likes

A few:

-Clancy Brown as Lex in the DCAU (and DTV movies) and as Parallax in the live action Green Lantern movie.

-Christopher Meloni as Hal in GL: First Flight and Colonel Hardy in Man of Steel

-Victor Garber as Sinestro in GL: FF and Martin Stein in the Arrowverse.

-Carl Lumbly as J’onn J’onnz in the DCAU and J’onn’s father in Supergirl.

3 Likes

John Glover

He played Dr Jason Woodrue in Batman & Robin the 1997 film. But also he played Lionel Luthor, Lex Luthor’s father, on Smallville.

Although animation was not to be mentioned, for an extra bonus he voiced The Riddler in Batman animated series universe .

3 Likes

John Wesley Shipp played Barry Allen/The Flash in the 1990 Flash series and now he’s Henry Allen and Jay Garrick in CW’s Flash series.

1 Like

Nicole Kidman as Chase Meridian & Atlanna

And nearly all the Watchmen:
Carla Gugino as Silk Spectre I & Kelex
Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl II & Orm
Billy Crudup as Dr Manhattan & Henry Allen
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Comedian & Thomas Wayne
(+ Jackie Earle Haley was already mentioned above)

3 Likes

Michael Ironside

He played General Sam Lane, Lois Lane’s father, on Smallville. Also he played Lewis Snart, Captain Cold’s dad, on The CW Flash.

Again, altho we are speaking only live action, I still feel it’s worth mentioning Michael Ironside has played other DC characters in animation. He voiced the Batman, The Dark Knight Returns version, from Batman the New Adventures Series Episode, " Legends of the Dark Knight." Also he’s the voice of Darkseid from the Superman Animated Series, Justice League Animated Series, JLU, & the recently released DC Lego Supervillains.

2 Likes

Temuera Morrison

He played Abin Sur in the live action Green Lantern film with Ryan Reynolds & will be playing Thomas Curry, Aquaman’s father, in the upcoming Aquaman film starring Jason Momoa.

2018-11-19-22-37-30.jpg

3 Likes

Michael Cassidy played Grant Gabriel on Smallville. Michael Cassidy was also Jimmy Olsen in BvS.

4 Likes

Annette O’Toole as Lana Lang in Superman III and Martha Kent in Smallville.

Jon Cryer as Lenny Luthor and Lex Luthor.

4 Likes

Helen Slater as Supergirl in the Supergirl movie. She also played Lara on Smallville and now is Eliza Danvers (Supergirl’s adoptive mother) on the Supergirl TV show. She’s also done voice work as Talia in Batman: The Animated Series and Martha Kent in DC Super Hero Girls.

3 Likes

John Malkovich in Jonah Hex and the Red movies.

I think he was mentioned already but if not, Julian Glover in Batman & Robin and Smallville.

His name escapes me, but the guy that played Aquaman on Smallville and then Hawk on Titans.

1 Like

Terrence Stamp in Donner’s Superman and Jor-El in Smallville.

2 Likes

Vroom

His names Alan Ritchson, I only know cuz when Netflix 1st came out they had a show called Blue Mountain Sate, he played a linebacker in it & I recognized him from Smallville. Then I read about him being cast as Hawk before I joined this site.

Erica Durance as Lois in Smallville & Alura Zor El.

Sorry continuing Alura Zor El in Supergirl

Vroom
Should’ve read Blue Mountain State not sate, man I was tired but idk I messed up so many words. Still haven’t slept.

Thanks for the name drop. I knew his first name was Alan, just couldn’t remember the last name.

He was also the stand-in for Raphael in the current Ninja Turtles movies. Kind of DC in a big stretch due to the Batman/Turtles books (not really though, but the connectable dots are there).

1 Like