Acquired Taste Book Club Week 8!
2019-12-21T20:00:00Z → 2019-12-28T19:59:00Z
Welcome to the Acquired Taste Book Club! Now that the Red Skies have left us alone, we’re circling back around to WildStorm Productions!
For today’s selection, we’ll be finishing off what we have left of the original StormWatch series and peeking at a couple more issues of Warren Ellis’ The Wild Storm series, so there’s not much introduction needed.
Reading Assignment: StormWatch (1993-) #7-12 and The Wild Storm (2017-) #2-3
STORMWATCH DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
- How do these issues compare to the first seven?
- Do you like how the plot with the Warguard is shaping up?
- Obviously we don’t have the full fifty-some issue run of the series. Did this section of it leave you with any unanswered questions?
- Did you notice how I was able to ask real questions this time?
THE WILD STORM DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
- Do these issues paint a better picture of what’s going on?
- Which character is the most interesting so far?
- The summaries say Skywatch is involved in this, so I’m going to rely on those and ask: How do they compare to their depiction in StormWatch?
- If ATBC were a secret conspiracy pulling the strings behind everything on DC Universe, would you expose us? Asking for a friend.
For questions or concerns, contact me @BatJamags.
Track the #acquired-taste tag to catch more posts as they come out.
Next week: Well, there ain’t too many Quality characters to actually worry about, so we’ll get back to the one who’s been gone for a… stretch. Eh? Ehhhh? Get it? Plastic Man? “Stretch?” Never mind.