A Tribute to the Doom Patrol TV Show

She’s a great actress, I could see her as a female Plastic or Elongated Man, Carrol Ferris, Etta Candy or Cameron Chase type.

6 Likes

She will always be Rita to me, but April Bowlby is so talented that she can play anything she wants to. Whatever her future roles, she will flourish in them.

4 Likes

Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn were the main reasons I got HBO Max in the first place, so if Harley gets cancelled, it’s bye bye HBO Max for me!

3 Likes

In other news, it turns out Doom Patrol was cancelled when team leader Rita Farr tested positive for anabolic steroid use:

TeenTitansGo!S06E04—_Giant-Size_Muscle_Elasti-Girl_20

3 Likes

is it possible that these are cancelled so that James Gunn can use them in his new movie universe?

4 Likes

I’m hoping that’s the case. Like when they come back, it will be given a soft-reboot where the cast is the same, the events did occur but differently, and that they will interact with other DC heroes.

The Commandos seems to be the Doom Patrol alternative, so the weird of DC is safe.

4 Likes

I hope the characters can turn up in guest appearances on other DC shows. Or maybe a full length movie set a few years after the events in the TV show.

3 Likes