A Tribute to the Doom Patrol TV Show

dcu5A

#DCU.forever #notethepunctuation
:doom_patrol_club:

5 Likes

II’m crying again. Thanks!

4 Likes

You have a point. Reruns of Doom Patrol will be available on streaming for years and may even show up on cable. The truly great shows never really die. I mean, decades later people are still watching I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, Star Trek, Batman '66, and MASH.

4 Likes

For Danny, Maura Lee, and all of the beautiful denizens

:dp_butterfly: :doom_patrol_club:
#PifflePaffle
:cry: :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Kick his a55 Maura Lee!
:facepunch: :triumph: :muscle:

Love how Larebear swung all the way from Montana and put his shoulder into that punch.

#YouSuckDarren

Coming up as a young girl in the entertainment world via Mama89 and her incredible friendslist I met trans and so many other amazing individuals from the LGBTQI community early on and long before today’s era. I have so many wonderful memories, but I have the sad kind born from public hatred of these wonderful souls as well. Danny and the denizens of The Street are my fave people. The Sisterhood of Dada are my fave people. I’ve encountered a few of the Darren types in my time and let’s just say that my inner Roxy R. didn’t have any time for them

I’ve had it with the Darrens of this world. Mm hmm.

#PifflePaffle

4 Likes

I am so sad, but also feel grateful to have seen this show. It is truly unique. :cry:

4 Likes

:hugs:

4 Likes

Same.

4 Likes

:purple_heart: :smiley:

#PifflePaffleForever :triumph: :doom_patrol_club:

3 Likes

@DC89 @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx

#PifflePaffle​:butterfly: will live on as long as it’s in our hearts

07ad4f6f5d6547a34aa98890bcfbbc95110c5572r1-250-299_hq

4 Likes

Yes it will! :smiley:
#PifflePaffle

3 Likes

RIP Doom Patrol; I wont even finish the last season now. The show to me was just very very cool, and I found it inspirational in that, it is fine to be an odd ball, or weird, or socially awkward, that you can be a complete jerk, or cluster bomb, and still make a positive impact on your friends, family and the world.

I will be subscribing from here on out to The Doom Patrol in my LCS.

4 Likes

To not finish their last season would be a mistake. The creators if their show put in hard work and stated that it would be a proper finale. Not finishing it through to the end just feels wrong

3 Likes

If I ever re-subscribe to HBO Max, I will probably watch season 4. and probably Titans, despite my poor opinion of Titans’ 3rd season.

But I am truly grateful for Cliff’s “douche nozzle”. He only said it once (to my knowledge), but it is almost poetic. It’s own work of art, if you will (and I will).

3 Likes

I wanna’ take a minute to pay tribute to my fellow :doom_patrol_club: WAL wonderfuls: @ProActress Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx Mr @biff_pow @TheCosmicMoth @RexRebel @patterson65.37405- watching :dp_butterfly: these past seasons would not have been nearly as fun had it not been for all of our superest wonderfulest WALs. I :purple_heart: you all so very much and I hope that we’ll all get to dive into the new DP comic together. :hugs:

7 Likes

Look forward to it.

6 Likes

Oh Rita, I’m going to miss you most of all! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

:hugs:

I’m down for reading the new DP volume when it hits DCUI!

As for the show, I’m really sad to see it go. I honestly think it has been the best DC related show over the past few years. I’m not surprised, though, as it looks like DC have hit the big reset button. Hopefully, the new era of DC films & TV ends up working out and all of this is just the sharp moment of pain that comes when you rip the band-aid off.

A big thank you to the Doom Patrol cast & crew for all the wonderful episodes! A big thank you to the Doom Patrol club and my fellow WALers for all the memories! I hope the Patrol find their way into the new live action DCU at some point.

7 Likes

Can anyone think of a DC related role they’d like to see April Bowlby play? She was so great as Rita it’s hard to see her in another part, but maybe some people could make suggestions.

6 Likes

I’ll always see her as Rita. It’s kind of difficult to picture her popping up in any other part of the DCEU.

6 Likes