A DC Comic Cover A Day!

Beautiful George Perez Original Art. Which reminds me, has IDW done an Artist’s Edition for George?

8 Likes

IDW did a hardcover for his career back in 2012. I’m sure it’s out of print and cost a pretty penny by now.

5 Likes

forgot this one on Sunday

Tim Sale 1997

6 Likes

5 Likes

Jim Aparo

6 Likes

You collect original art comic covers?

5 Likes

No, I’m just pulling those off the internet. I would like to get a Mike Grell piece.

6 Likes

Joe Kubert

6 Likes

Rae Rae series #4 cover by Jorge Jimenez
:00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

8 Likes

Mike Sekowsky 1967

8 Likes

I love how animated nearly everything Jorge Jimenez creates is.

5 Likes

Agreed. This is my most fave cover of the series.

5 Likes

Keith Giffen 1982

Happy 40th Anniversary to the best single issue of Superboy & the Legion of Super-Heroes ever!

6 Likes

José Luis Garcia-Lopez

7 Likes

Fred Ray 1942

6 Likes

Michael W. Kaluta

6 Likes

When Action Comics returned after Man of Steel, the Titans were right there with him.

When people complained about the cancellation of Teen Titans at conventions, Bob Haney finally got to put them back into the Brave and the Bold with Batman.

Afterwards, a poll was taken at many more conventions. “Who is your favorite Titan?” Well, Robin won-- surprise! Kid Flash was second, Wonder Girl third. Speedy just beat out Aqualad, and the others all got a great deal of votes. Even Gnarrk got serious love, if not compared to Speedy, let alone Robin…

The result?

Marv Wolfman felt Speedy is a secondary character in any story featuring Robin, so no Roy, and Aqualad can be hard to use due to story and character restrictions, making them both part-timers. Apparently, George Perez didn’t like the idea of a regular kid being a Titan, so no Mal-- they couldn’t make him Guardian any more, and Hornblower both guys thought was left forgotten at the time. I’m not gonna say that’s okay, but what is okay is that we got Cyborg instead. Keeping Bumblebee would have made it a Black Comic-- I wish I were kidding about that-- but I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone object to Starfire. Finally, Wolfman and Perez thought changing Lilith into a character more suited for their intended bigger super heroics, Justice League and Avengers level but with more personal stuff as always-- and you get Raven.

5 Likes

Love the energy and facial expressions of this cover:

6 Likes

I love this trio of Birds! I think that cover is by Nicola Scott!

6 Likes

That look on my gurrrlll’s face. :smile: :purple_heart:

7 Likes