8 Likes

8 Likes

George Perez

9 Likes

7 Likes

George Perez

8 Likes

My first George Perez DC cover from 1980

He also stepped in to do the interior as Dick Dillin passed away while drawing the issue.

7 Likes

My very first issue of Teen Titans ever:

Goodbye George. :pleading_face: :cry:

7 Likes

The last issue

:disappointed: :cry: :sob:

8 Likes

:pleading_face:

5 Likes

It was devastating.

Even worse…

6 Likes

George Perez

9 Likes

My last DC George Perez cover from 2012

6 Likes

This was one of my fav books of the New 52 at the time.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Since we were on the subject of childhood shattering last issues…

8 Likes

Might as well include this one, too.

4 Likes

That comic brought me more joy than I can express.

(Even if Speedy, Aqualad, Mal, Lilith, and yes. Bumblebee and even Harlequin weren’t in it.)

5 Likes

lousy implosion

5 Likes

after checking around, I think this is the only comic book featuring the work of both George Perez and Neal Adams

Neal did the cover and George did the art on pages 1 and 48.

7 Likes

I was sooo amazed when I found it for a reasonable price (and in 8.6 condition :flushed: :+1:). The funny thing about the Titans for me is that I waited so long to dive into what I know now is an absolutely engaging storyline and an incredible legacy of DC Comics. Now, as I’ve pointed out in other posts, whenever iI would babysit for then little kiddo aged Nieces89 ver 1.0 and 2.0 they absolutely loved the Teen Titans and TTG! series. I would watch the shows with them and loved what I was seeing, but never made the leap to full-time readership until I started watching the LA series here at DCUI. Peeps at the comics shops that I frequented were like “You gotta’ read this book 'cuz it’s right up your alley.” but I still hesitated. Oof- what a mistake. However, once I jumped in I was absolutely floored by how wonderful the characters and the stories are, especially when it comes to Star and Rae Rae.

raven_new_earth

After digging into the comic for a while these two rocketed right up to the #2 and #3 spots on my fave characters list. I found that I have a lot in common personality-wise with Star, especially TTG! Star (I know- funny but true :smile:) and I just have so much admiration for Raven- her amazing abilities, her fearless devotion to task, and the stoicism she displays in both mind and heart.

Wolfman and Perez truly knocked it way, way out of the park with their reimagination of this team and with the creation of Starfire and Raven. I will love these heroes forever. :+1:
:00_teen_titans:

7 Likes