A DC Comic Cover A Day!

Agreed. The story dynamic between BG and Dick is compelling, and not just :purple_heart: stuff either. We see BG setting parameters and also get to see her smile and be happy, if only for just a bit.

9 Likes

Along with Oracle Year One, it’s one of the BEST explorations of who Barbara is post KJ, and why she’s so strong. So, so few writers get it, and no one but Dixon and Ostrander have been able to write it out like this. I think Simone was able to depict it perfectly in her first run (not her second), but she didn’t really have this kind of heart to heart where you really see Babs’s power and also her soul. But she was honoring Dixon’s work, so she probably didn’t feel the need to duplicate such a powerful and brilliant scene.

7 Likes

:raised_hands: YES. Speak on it @millernumber1. Dixon reveals a layered BG who’s complexities and power absolutely define who she is perfectly. If someone who had never read about or knew anything about BG had read this issue they’d be able to come away with a solid understanding of who she is indeed.

7 Likes

Chuck Dixon also has the pre Killing Joke era down as well with Batgirl Year One, the best Barbara Gordon story ever.

5 Likes

Dan Jurgens 2021

8 Likes

Batgirl Year One is one of the all time greats.

6 Likes

Todd Nauck’s incredible cover for the upcoming Dark Crisis: Young Justice series!

8 Likes

IMPULSE!!!
Bart!!!

He’s my Bart-y

Like buddy.

Get it?

5 Likes

Trevor Avon Eden

7 Likes

George Perez 1982

9 Likes

Def my number 1 most fave BG story OAT.

Lookit my gurrrlll here ^^^ with her very first trophy. :star_struck:

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

12 Likes

Tim Sale 1997

9 Likes

11 Likes

Yes, kids, gigantic 96 page stories in tabloid sized editions cost $2.00

2 Likes

Graham Nolan

10 Likes

Paid for mine with a two dollar bill.

no sales tax! Woo! Hoo!

5 Likes

This is one of the goofier 'Tec v1 covers in my four eyes:

I get that it was supposed to be Batman invoking fear through a grimace, but he just reminds me of Groundskeeper Willie from The Treehouse of Horror segment where he got off the bus, looks at Bart and Lisa and says “Ooh! Ah! Um, gah!”.

That at least was meant to be funny, whereas the cover above is unintentionally funny.

Pains me to knock the ish, because it was drawn by Aparo and he’s my all-time fav Batman artist, but a crummy cover is a crummy cover.

8 Likes

I think that cover is by Brian Stelfreeze.
Jim Aparo’s art is great. In the late 90s, Bill Sienkiewicz inked some of his pencils which look a lot different from usual but there are some cool drawings.

(Batman 534)

7 Likes

@Major-General-Dan-El @MisfitCMJ @CaptainYesterday

$2.00 and all new material, no reprints!

That’s another good one. And if you’re interested, I created a thread on them.

7 Likes

It is, but he sadly got no interior credit for it, so I just gave the credit to my dude, Mr. Aparo.

His '90s stuff is good, and I like Sienkiewicz just fine, but IDK…sometimes his inks removed that quality of fine art that I felt Aparo’s pencils more often than not had.

When I see '90s Aparo art, I think “Okay, cool.”, but when I see his '70s and '80s stuff, I think “COOL!” :grin:

5 Likes