A Character No One Hates?

I think I just don’t like Frank Miller but Carrie Kelly takes the hit

2 Likes

This may get me beat up in an alley. But when I used to read Shadowpact and other titles with Detective Chimp he grated on me greatly.

1 Like

Wonder Woman.

5 Likes

Nightwing
Ace
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

2 Likes

Really, I think fuzzy critters (Krypto, Streaky, Ace, Dex-Starr, etc.) come the closest to the ‘character no one hates’ title (although I’m sure they still annoy some people). Humanoid type characters are sure to grate on someone’s nerves if they do more than sit in the background… and even then, art can influence perceptions of those characters. Also, any character that has been around for a while has likely had at least a panel that is cringe-worthy or could turn a reader off the character.

4 Likes

We will patrol the dark alleys of the DCU and keep PrincessAmythest safe!

Right, people?

2 Likes

Hal Jordan definitely has his share of haters. I’m generally one of them though I did enjoy him in the first arc of his Rebirth title.

1 Like

Animal Vegetable Mineral Man

5 Likes

Nightwing is so overrated. Can’t abide him, he’s not the “cats meow”. Let’s just say he lives up to his first name, and not in a good way. He’s more egotistical than Bruce.

2 Likes

My stepson loves Nightwing I cant stand him either

1 Like

Y’all are haters man

1 Like

The Spectre. Ok, you could hate the Spectre, but it’s probably not a good idea.

5 Likes

The Spectre is easy to hate. He is very logical in a sense that is often not humanistic that grates on my nerves, but yeah if he was real I would be cowering in a corner or asking y’all to make sure I don’t die.

2 Likes

I feel like there’s pretty out-sized positivity for Starfire, and I agree with it. Only complaints I’ve ever heard is writers or artists mishandling her.

1 Like

Hey, how about Mavis Trent, Enrichetta Negrini, Dexter Myles, Tula, and Thomas Kalmuka?

1 Like

Raven (Rachel Roth), I haven’t read much of the old/original stuff but she always seemed well rounded with her magic, empathetic nature and she can throw down too!

And then I didn’t see anyone bring up Jason Todd It seems to me everyone sympathizes/forgives him, plus he’s funny.

2 Likes

Zatanna

1 Like

I could see why someone might not like Raven based on how they used her through most of the '90s, especially with the recycling of the “gets possessed by Trigon” plot. That said, I personally really like her based on the earlier '80s stuff.

1 Like

Jessica Cruz, I can’t find a reason anyone could hate her at least

1 Like

Barry Allen

1 Like