2020 🦇 Halloween Specials: Legend of the Swamp Thing & DC: Doomed and The Damned

DC is treating us to a double dose of Halloween anthologies, everybody!

First up LEGEND OF THE SWAMP THING HALLOWEEN SPECTACULAR on 10/6/20.

Then we get DC: THE DOOMED AND THE DAMNED on 10/13/20.

If you plan on picking them up this month, drop by when you’re ready–we’ll talk! :ghost: :jack_o_lantern:

11 Likes

Will you be reading either of these?

• Definitely!
  • Mmm, maybe…
  • Nah.

0 voters

Long Halloween Cat

And here’s one more article…

4 Likes

I’m really on the fence about the Swamp Thing Halloween Special.

It looks interesting, and I’m always up for a good Swamp Thing yarn, but…I don’t know. It’s not wrapping it’s vines around me yet.

Also, when I look at the cover of that book, ST’s head reminds me of Toxie from The Toxic Avenger and The Toxic Crusaders. Does anyone else see the similarities?

The Doomed and The Damned (which sounds like the Earth 3 equivalent of The Brave and The Bold) could be fun. At $10, it’s a book to get on a week when there’s only one or two other new releases.

3 Likes

I agree. :point_up: The art inside is much better, imo.

Spoiler pic 🌱

I’m not too fond of the JL cover either, but I’m still going to check them out.

Fixed it :joy:

3 Likes

Ms. @Razzzcat, as noted in Office Hours, I got this book yesterday and will have a full report on your desk before school gets out today.

2 Likes

No rush. I’m not going anywhere. :books: :coffee: :cat2:

1 Like

That’s a relief, because I only had time to get the lead story read today (Wednesday). I thought I might get detention for not making my promise, teach. I’ll finish it up tomorrow.

Have you read it in full yet?

1 Like

I have NOT. Hoping to finish it this weekend! :tada:

1 Like

I for one am super stoked for the Swamp Thing content, as well, for New Roots releasing soon!

2 Likes

Same! Drop by here after :partying_face: Would love to see whatcha thought!

1 Like

I’m halfway through it. For a one-shot that initially didn’t interest me, I’m pleasantly surprised with it. Each story has been better than the last.

I haven’t read the few other new books I bought this week, but even so, I think this book will be my New Release of the Week.

1 Like

New Roots…that’s the upcoming young adult Swamp Thing OGN, right? Or is it something else?

1 Like

Funny you say that, because I try to approach most things w/ lowered expectations (some kind of coping mechanism to avoid disappointment. :joy:) So while I’m very interested, I tread lightly. I’m a happier human this way. Anyway! In summation: I concur! :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

There’s things outside of comics I have that exact mentality towards, but I guess I’m easy to please when it comes to comics in most instances.

Have you finished the issue yet, Razzz?

1 Like

Not yet, but…
Did you finish? Are you trying to avoid spoilers? You dont have to wait on my account. :nerd_face: Have at it!!

2 Likes

I just finished the Swamp Thing Halloween Spectacular.

I liked it. It is a series of short Swamp Thing encounters throughout the history of the world, all wrapped up within a pleasant little framing story.

Good comics.

2 Likes

No, not avoiding spoilers. Just wanted to be chivalrous and let the lady go first.

I also didn’t read diddly of it over the weekend, so I’m catching up now.

But…chivalry above all. :clark_hv_4:

1 Like

Same. Your chivalry has been heavily noted and awarded :star: gold star, so if you’re ready before I am, please do proceed w/ your review. :purple_heart: but theres no rush. :fist:Swampy is timeless! Plus, I’m holding off on case there are others who join later.

1 Like

I’m still behind on this :crying_cat_face:, but it’s on deck to be finished today. Hopefully. :crossed_fingers:t2:

I did read the newest issues of The Flash and Superman though, so…points for that? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

1)Yes, you get points for Flash and extra points for Supes. :fist: :halloween_superman: 2)That’s okay. I didn’t even start at the beginning. I follow Christian Ward on Twitter— posted about working on the book months ago w/ this:

So I cheated and went straight for it first. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes