2020 šŸ¦‡ Halloween Specials: Legend of the Swamp Thing & DC: Doomed and The Damned

And they say cheaters never prosper. :sweat_smile:

Extra points for Superman, eh? You know, Iā€™m thinking youā€™ve got a Superman fan lurking within, based on how youā€™ve propped him up lately. Do I doth declare correctly, mā€™friend?

SN on Superman: #26 was quite good and featured some beautuful art. Give it a read if youā€™re inclined.

As for the Swamp Thing book, Iā€™m literally reading the second half right now. Why Iā€™ve dragged my ass to finish it is a mystery (worthy of the House of Mystery? Mmmmā€¦nah!), but finished soon it shall be! As Serpentor said in G.I. Joe: The Movie: ā€œThis, I command!ā€.

1 Like

Lol ā€œlurkingā€. I guess we could call it that. :face_with_monocle: I like a lot of things!
Full disclosure: Before Christopher Reeve (and Tyrone Powerā€”watched a LOT of very old movies when I was wee), my childhood crushes were little green guysā€”Kermit, Oscar, Yodaā€¦ok, and Gonzo. So Clark has a special place :smile: Iā€™ve also grown to be a bigger Lois Lane fan these days. I know I run a HQ club , but Diana Prince is my #1, then come the plant people :seedling: :wilted_flower:

1 Like

Almost forgot! I think this ones my favorite so far. Cant NOT like a talking plant in a boot. :green_heart:
Iā€™ll do a fuller review closer to Halloween.

Spoiler page

1 Like

Butā€¦Gonzo notā€™s green. The Great Gazoo, now heā€™s green:

Iā€™m glad to hear youā€™ve an appreciation for Superman and Tyrone Power. Whatā€™s your favorite Power flick? Iā€™m a The Mark of Zorro man, myself.

Speaking of Lois, have you read her most recent title? Itā€™s great and then some.

1 Like

Hey now. Gonzo and Camilla are relationship goals! :joy: I still donā€™t actually know what Gonzo is, do you?

As for Tyrone Power, (Zorro, of COURSE) but it was Black Swan that got me.

He did one w/ Gene Tierneyā€¦Son of Fury I liked that one too. I wonder if Iā€™d still like them?? Possibly best to leave it in the past tho. Sometimes itā€™s better that way. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I am a HUGE Greg Rucka fanā€¦and Nicola Scott, so an enthusiastic YES!! :tada:

2 Likes

BadASS! Up top!

I havenā€™t seen The Black Swan. Iā€™ll have to keep an eye out for it. I :heart: Maureen Oā€™ Hara.

As for what Gonzo is, heā€™s a chicken ā€œenthusiastā€ :wink:.

1 Like

@Vroom

Alsoā€¦

:joy: I want to, butā€¦
Iā€™m not touchinā€™ that beyond giggles. :smirk:

1 Like

You donā€™t want to be in the car when he drives by Popeyes. :laughing:

1 Like

:laughing: Quick- letā€™s look at Swampy!!

(This is a print from Sideshow Collectibles. :heart_eyes:) Sold out there, but could swear I saw it on Ebayā€”Iā€™ll find a link!!

3 Likes

Nice! :green_heart:

leans in

Does he have a liā€™l critter under the bark on top of his right shoulder? Who knew Swampy accepted hop-ons?

I still havenā€™t finished the book. Iā€™m one story away, though.

1 Like

That is a really nice print! Swamp Thing is one of the characters where I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever really seen many bad pictures of him.

3 Likes

It looks like it but I canā€™t tell if itā€™s just an illusion!

And no rush. Threads not going anywhere. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I know, I just feel like my proscrastination may make you think this (especially since you, like me, are a Ted Knight enthusiast):

2 Likes

Iā€™ll let one of our unofficial mascots speak for me here :wink:

1 Like

Ah, Ted. :purple_heart: Its a touch more like this tho:
JkJk!! :smile: No worries. At all. Truly.

2 Likes

Ah geez, Iā€™ve got Madonna waiting?

She probably thinks I ā€œmove so slowlyā€ in my reading.

1 Like

Her? Definitely thinks weā€™re all too slow. :sunglasses::purple_heart:

1 Like

Now Iā€™m hung up on listening to Hung Upā€¦

1 Like

Confessions is a great album. :smiling_imp: Listen to the WHOLE THING! :raised_hands:t3: Jk Not a requirementā€¦ I want to listen to it now of course. Lol

1 Like