Zack Synder Cut: Spoiler!

Hello everyone,

So is it true that Bruce and Lois had a baby? I heard that Zack wanted that to happen.

3 Likes

I’ve definitely been hearing that rumor a lot lately, but I seriously doubt that this was part of his “original grand design” or whatever you want to call it. I would bet anything that all this rumor signifies (if anything) is that at some point between the mid-2010s and now, Zack Snyder came up with that idea and tried to use it to make a more compelling/ intriguing/ shocking story. It wasn’t too long ago that I heard he was planning on bringing Catwoman into the fray as well, so I can’t help but think that all these new “behind the scenes” secrets of what could have been are just coming from a notebook of plot points that Snyder’s been carrying around and filling in since “Man of Steel”.

That said, if it were to happen, I think it would get a worse reaction from fans than the Batgirl/Batman rooftop scene from “The Killing Joke”.

2 Likes

I highly doubt that.

1 Like

Okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration. But at least for me, it would definitely be up there.

2 Likes

Honestly I have seen a worse scene in StarChaser Legend of Orin so it possible to be worse.

1 Like

the rumour i heard was bruce was going to fall in love with lois and bring back superman for her, which is less bad but still illogical. bruce and Lois can be friends besides I felt like they were moving towards a wonder woman and batman as power couple situation

2 Likes

Essentially, Snyder has talked about when he was working on BVS, he was also figuring out what to do with future Justice League films. At one point it was being worked on with other collaborators on a whiteboard in his office. The other collaborators being Jim Lee, who drew drawings of their ideas on it, and Geoff Johns, who actually wrote it down on the whiteboard. So to be clear, it wasn’t just his idea, or at least some other big creators weren’t inherently against it.

It was basically a first draft idea that Snyder has said was taken out not long after. The whiteboard that’s being shown right now is shown not just to show off some of the early creative process for his movies, but because it’s different enough from what their final plans were.

Personally, while it’s been done in the past (DCAU, anyone?), I’m definitely glad the Bruce and Lois thing was taken out. I think I get what Snyder was thinking with that – he seems just as much influenced by old myths and legends as much as he was the comic book source material, and I think considering other similar references, he was making Superman into a King Arthur legend, making Batman and Lois coincide with Lancelot and Lady Guenevere, who in different interpretations had a love affair behind Arthur’s back. But I think there was enough Arthur stuff in the movie already that they didn’t need to go that further into it.

Plus Ben had way more chemistry with Gal Gadot and WonderBat would have been better anyway.

2 Likes

Yep, that definitely came to mind! Not to mention all those weird Silver Age books where Lois tries to marry Batman to make Superman jealous (or some other foolish contrivance), but since all of that is so far removed from what Snyder’s movies were going for, I just feel like Batman falling in love with Lois would be really awkward in the story.

1 Like

Talk about drama. Real Housewives Of Smallville?

I was thinking more Maury Pulvitch. “Batman, you ARE the father!”

2 Likes

The results are in…

I am both scarred and laughing my butt off from that statement

1 Like

If this happens I’m honestly done with whatever their cinematic universe is trying to be.

2 Likes

It’s not. Like I said, it was from an initial first draft that was axed pretty quickly in the editing process.

2 Likes

I honestly am already lost.

I personally wish they would stop trying for a connected DCCU, and simply switch to one-shots exposing more characters.

Instead of 14 Batman reboots, maybe like an Ambush Bug movie, or a flick starring Adam Strange

2 Likes

Hawkman the Movie. He can literally be anybody.

1 Like

Actor-wise?
I guess.
Michael Shanks will always hold a special place in my heart tho
Smallville- Hawkman | Hawkman smallville, Smallville, Hawkman

1 Like