Your Own Event

Let’s say you have the opportunity to write your own Event in DC, runs through all titles: who is/are your main hero(es) and who is/are the villain(s)?

Not sure who my villain would be but would love a giant time crisis with Booster and Blue Beetle trying to save the day. Generic for sure but I love me some Blue and Gold!

3 Likes

Nothing. Event comics are consistently bad. Typical comic stories are where the good stuff is.

4 Likes

I can understand that. I guess I’m an “easy to please” reader when it comes to most comics. I get hyped about events, but of course still love one-and-dones and small arcs in books.

3 Likes

Stephanie Brown saves everyone! :slight_smile:

Villain would probably be Anarky or someone from the Tim Robin run, so there could be some personal history there.

4 Likes

Love this idea! Maybe Anarky or the like causes a huge distraction that takes the JL team away, but Stephanie picks up on the clues that there is more to this and “spoils” his fun!

2 Likes

I love it a lot! And of course, Anarky tries to distract Steph by throwing in her dad, but she just punches him in the face and then figures out the problem!

2 Likes

I can totally believe that and definitely want to see it! :joy:

2 Likes

The whole point of the event is to explain why Rannians, Kryptains, and Humans along with all look alike.
The main players are Adam Strange, Booster Gold, Captain Atom (he actually does something other then blow up), Guy Gardner, Supergirl and Rip Hunter

2 Likes

Absolutely love this idea! I’ve had that question before and to give it an alluring answer with those heroes is chefs kiss

Another idea I have is this a Green Lantern Corps vs the Suicide Squad.

Its the idea that the National governments don’t want interferce from other planets and so Waller is allowed to send the Squad on a mission to essentally assort dominance. The only member of the squad that has to be in it is Scarecrow. All the others depend on the writers idea. The end result is that the Waller becomes in charge of basically space sucide squad

1 Like

I always found it interesting that Earth is like the only planet that is in Oan patrolled space that basically doesn’t give a damn about their rules/laws. I guess it’s because other planets don’t have such a bevy of heroes like Earth does so GLs are just seen as other superheroes and not cops/enforcers. Very interesting to work with!

1 Like

This an event I would do more for the ending. The basics is that Ra’s is attacking Gotham in order to bring down everything that Batman had built. With a focus on the myth behind Batman that Bruce has built up. I picture it as the end of a run focused in part on building up Bruce Wayne himself and not as Batman.

It ends with the final fight between Ra’s and Batman with Damain’s life at stake. Ra’s is gloating for Batman to kill him, but of course Batman doesn’t.
Then Bruce removes the cowl and says “Batman may not kill, but Bruce Wayne does”. Then Bruce kills Ra’s and then passes the cowl to Dick just walking in order to prevent tainting the idea of Batman. Or Bruce remines Batman and the rest is up to the writer.