Your first exposure to DC

Superfriends later batman animated series

Justice league tv show

Well my 1st memory of anything DC was the 1989 Batman Movie I saw that as a kid and I wanted to see more about the DC Universe and I’ve been a fan ever since

1 Like

It’s hard to say (I don’t remember a time when I wasn’t aware of Superman and Batman), but my first encounter with the DCU in any form had to be some combination of Super Friends, Superman: The Movie and its sequels, and reruns of Batman '66.

The first comic book I can remember reading was DC Comics Presents #71, featuring Bizarro. I still have that copy.

Adam West Batman and George Reeves Superman in syndication, along with Superfriends and Batman and the Super 7 on Saturday mornings. Got my first Batman comic at age 4 - Batman 310, featuring Gentleman Ghost.

My first exposure to DC was watching “Wonder Woman” on TV when I was a kid. I can still remember accidentally breaking my cousin’s wrist because I had snagged him too hard with my ‘lasso of truth’!

3 Likes

Oh damn you did him dirty! Lol

1 Like

I grew up watching the Justice league show and the Batman 2004 series when I turned 1

Super Friends on Saturday mornings in the 80’s.

Watching Batman '66 in syndication! I loved that show as a child. Then when the Burton Batman movie came out, I was obsessed!

1 Like

It was the same, either Batman 89’ or Batman animated series. I was young so it was hard to remember which I was watching first, but I was a fan of both since they were both around roughly the same decade.

Burton’s films and the animated series was such a wonderful introduction for a lot people. Glad I’m not the only one

1 Like

24 years old. F. First exposure was Batman the Animated Series and all subsequent series. It spawned my love for Batman, Alfred, Batgirl, Robjn, Harley Quinn, Joker, and Gotham as a whole. Still my favorite iteration of Gotham outside the comics.

That’s cool

My first exposure to DC was through the Superman animated series. I was always a DC kid growing up. I watched Batman Beyond, Static Shock, and Teen Titans. My older cousin would also lend me his Batman and Superman comics.

When or was 3 or 4-ish I got the Super Powers Batmobile and figures for the trinity and Robin for my birthday. I recognized them from tv and all, but I was too young to really appreciate it for more than bright colors. When I was learning to read, my dad would read comics with me, that’s when I really got into DC. Also, special shoutout to DC Cosmic Cards, blew my allowance on those for several months and learned about characters and storylines I had yet to hear of.

Batman The Animated Series, I fell in love with Ivy and Harley. The bad guys are almost always boys, I loved seeing bad girls that got their hands dirty too

I had superhero pjs before I can really remember… probably 2-3 years old. My first memory is making a Wonder Woman home movie with my mom. I spun in a circle to transform, just like Linda Carter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTAS!!

1 Like

So now I’m curious, were you exposed to DC or Marvel first?