Wth!!!! Why!?!!?!!

Who on Earth in their right mind would cancel Swamp Thing? I am new to reading comics and everything but I have always been a fan of DC. The movies and shows they put out are sooooooo freaking good. So reading about everything I saw that Swamp thing was supposed to set up some spin offs, and now what!!! I am praying that they it is only a temporary cancelation because of the WB streaming and we will be blessed to return to the Swamp!!!

4 Likes

Why don’t you express your feelings over in the official #SaveSwanpThing vent thread?

8 Likes

Why are you just now complaining? It’s been common knowledge for a while.

8 Likes

Wow …

2 Likes

…

The problem is a question of money. I’m of the opinion DCU isn’t a tremendous money-maker for WB (at least, not yet). Hence, the frequent articles on its demise or being rolled into the WarnerMedia offering. Much of Swamp Thing’s budget came with a tax break from North Carolina (at least, I think that’s the state - I might be wrong) which wasn’t fully funded. In short, the state promised WB one amount - and didn’t have it to give. Burdened with the excessive budget, WB decided to shorten the run (from 13 episodes to 10) and then cancel it when NC couldn’t come up with the added money to continue it. The quality of the program was incredible and I’d much rather see them migrate it to a place where they could recoup some of their budget - but set re-construction and so on would probably mean it would be delayed at least a year or more. I guess it’s better to live with what we have - and maybe see the character in one of the other shows, as well as the potential for a Blue Devil show and so on - than not have anything at all.

Do you guys mind keeping it to the official swamp thing vent thread? Please, I get you’re frustrated, but we don’t need 5 threads at a time where the same people talk about the same stuff.

2 Likes