Would You Want a 4th Dark Knight Film?

I was thinking of something to myself and that’s “What would a 4th Dark Knight film after the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy be like?” So I’m asking you comic book fans what would you think it be like. I was thinking it’s like Black Mirror as inspiration where John Blake is now Batman and has to get use to how hard and difficult is as the vigilante. We would even have Gordon’s son James Gordon Jr. return and we explore the Gordon family with Barbara Gordon introduce into this.

1 Like

It always amazed me WB didn’t continue with John Blake as Batman. Get Nolan to stay on as an executive producer, bring back Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman (maybe even Michael Caine) and show Blake learning the ropes as Gotham’s new protector. I think it would have been really cool to have a totally original character as Batman, so comic fans and movie fans would be getting to know him at the same time.

For the story, I would use the Riddler as the villain. Blake had the makings of a good detective, so a Batman story that leans into that aspect of the character would work.

3 Likes

Maybe. Sit Nolan down and have him watch Batman Beyond, then do something similar with a 4th film, with Blake in the Terry McGinnis role.

2 Likes

Honestly…i feel they ended it on a high note with Bruce having a happy ending with Selena, given all the horrible as hell things writers put the bat threw over the years, and all the bad endings batman generally ends up with, Having him end with a happy ending is something that is just so rare that its hard to find. superman generally gets to have the happy ending in every future yet batman generally ends up a a broken old man in the end. even the Return of Superman superman from arrowverse basically becomes a live action version of the Kingdom come superman, thus he would end up with wonder woman…batman deserves to be happy.

PS However so long as bruce gets his happy ending why not have James Gordan Jr…or a twist Dick Grayson as the badguy, iBarbra gordan as Robin Blakes love interest.

1 Like

The Dark Knight Rises was kind of a let-down for me. I also didn’t like John Blake very much.

1 Like

Also, when the movie came out I saw a lot of talk about how Blake was going to become Robin or Nightwing, but the last shot of the film is him standing on a platform that is literally rising. HE IS THE DARK NIGHT.

2 Likes

Honestly I always thought John Blake as a detective was that moive’s Robin. Much like how the Joker wasn’t bleached white or how Bane didn’t have venom, I always thought this was their realistic take on a sidekick. In terms of a movie I think it would have been cool to see him face a villain like Poison Ivy or The Penguin.

1 Like