Would You Like to Be a Writer for DC?

I had thoughts of being a writer for a while but not sure if I’m willing to do it or have the skills to do so. What stories would you write for dc?

6 Likes

I would love to be a digital-first writer for DC with the freedom to write stories in a separate universe from the mainstream timeline, preferably one influenced directly by the Golden Age.

Is that too specific? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It’s not specific ENOUGH SIR! Like what characters do you want to use? What’s the story about?

1 Like

Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

About 20 or so pages each. :wink:

6 Likes

I see :slight_smile:

You’re story is about pages??? That’s an original idea​:exploding_head:

3 Likes

That’s an old joke. I do the same thing when someone asks me what a certain movie’s about.

“About 90 minutes or so.”

2 Likes

I don’t get it? Length of the movie doesn’t mean what’s it about. Dusk till dawn is like 2 hours long and it’s about criminals that take a family hostage and go to mexico and end up fighting vampires.

1 Like

The word “about” has different meanings. It can also mean “approximately.”

1 Like

Ohhhhh now I see. I never thought of it that way.

2 Likes

I would’ve loved to have been a writer for DC in the late nineties to early two-thousands. This was the sweet spot of the post-crisis legacy characters like Kyle Rayner Green Lantern, Wally West Flash, Connor Hawke Green Arrow and wonderful Golden age legacies like the Jack Knight version of Starman and Courtney as the new Star Spangled Kid.

This was an era where we looked back at DC history with reverence but moved it forward.

That’s the era I wanted to write in.

8 Likes

So what would you have written if you were able to during the time?

1 Like

I mean… technically, I am. Inasmuch as DCU is DC.

7 Likes

I mean a writer who writes comics for dc.

1 Like

Writing comics is tough business. I’d like to be an editor, though.

9 Likes

I would’ve loved to have picked up on a thread James Robinson left in his Starman run regarding Prince Gavyn and Will Payton seemingly being one being.

He purposefully left it vague if Payton died when Gavyn’s energy hit him or if Payton had some of Gavyn’s memories and chose to look like him with his shape shifting abilities. I prefer to think it’s somewhere down the middle where they’re both still alive but inhabiting the same body.

I would have loved to have written a mini-series exploring that dichotomy. If Payton truly is dead, how did Gavyn’s time as a “human” affect who he is now? How does Payton reconcile being alive and free while living on a new planet he doesn’t truly know.

There’s so much potential there.

4 Likes

I would love to be a writer for DC. My favorite characters are Batman and Green Lantern, but I think I would like to have a crack at the Justice Society of America, particularly if I could write about them in the Forties.

8 Likes

Your wit is sparkling.

hands out a grant

@American-Alien Yes, I’d like to write for DC. Also for their non-comic media as well.

3 Likes

What would you like write?

1 Like

I’d like to be able to sit down for a couple months and actually plan out a path back towards a consistent continuity. No rebooting, but a coordinated attack on the mass confusion that DC comics are currently mired within.

5 Likes

its weird, this makes me think about writing comics even though i’ve never really thought about it, I’ve done some light writing that isn’t any good and it would never happen, but I think I’d do better at the old Marvel method of just having a detailed plot to give the artist.

Nowadays with the script writing, the very thought of it stresses me out.

2 Likes