would you expect a black actor playing superman

Rumor is Michael b Jordan could be the next Superman what does everyone think for me I don’t care just always known Superman being white but If it’s done right I would expect it

1 Like

it’s a no for me.

2 Likes

We are living in different time we have to adapt to a changing world. If there are 50 ppl all trying to be superman and he was the best why not give it to him just because he black. The world doesn’t work like that if he the best for the job then yes I’m happy with it.

1 Like

I would love a black superman, like if he’s a great actor I don’t see why he can’t play Kal El. Like I absolutely loved Earth 23 Superman! They should SO do it.

2 Likes

I’m completely on bored didn’t have a problem with zod being black on krypton

1 Like

There have been other earth versions of Superman that are black. I don’t see any reason why Superman couldn’t be played by someone of any ethnicity really. Plus Michael B. Jordan is very good looking and that seems to be the only requirement for playing Superman.

2 Likes

No its black washing

1 Like

The next Superman needs to be Tom Weller. Period!!

Tom Welling

I’m a fan but he wouldn’t put on tights

I think Idris Elba would be a pretty good Superman

2 Likes

Superman is literally an alien from another planet, there is no particular reason his skin color has to be beige. I’d be 100% on board with a black Superman if the writing and acting was good.

3 Likes

Does not matter Clark Kent is white

1 Like

If we are talking about changing Clark Kent then I would say, No. There is a Superman on another earth that is the president and his name is Calvin Ellis and I would be all for exploring a different version of Superman but I think Clark Kent will always be the one we have always known.

1 Like

Clark Kent is a white dude. Deal with it.

1 Like

As Edward said, I think if they do a black Superman they would simply do Calvin Ellis’s story, not Clark Kent’s.

3 Likes

Do Calvin Ellis or Val Zod. Leave Clark as he is.

He’s an alien, who gives a damn what color of his skin is. Granted, it would be easier for the DCEU storyline to use a superman from a different universe, but still. Who cares about changing a characters race at this point. Asian characters get white washed all the time in comics

1 Like

Kal-El/Clark Kent no. He’s been white for 80 years There’s no need in changing him now. There’s no way he’s gonna grow up and be the same idealistic, optimistic and heroic Superman growing up in Kansas as a black man. When you change a character’s ethnicity you change them at their very core. Jimmy Olsen is vastly different on Supergirl than he’s been portrayed in any other show, movie or book. His only similarities to classic jimmy is his signal watch, he’s a photographer and friends with Supes. But even his friendship with Superman is different. He’s not Superman’s pal, he’s Superman’s boy now. They kick it and even have a bro handshake! Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod yes…Kal-El absolutely not!!

3 Likes

I can’t help but feel like this is some form of a trap but here I go. The general public doesn’t like it when a white person plays a character of a different race so why make Superman black? A character’s attributes are just as important as the character’s nationality and culture. So if they make that kid Superman I won’t to see it. Making a character a different race just to do it is pandering and unintelligible.