World of Wonder | Wonder Woman (Series 1975) S2E1 6/7 @ 6PM PDT/9PM EDT

I remember when the Bermuda Triangle was a big thing

1 Like

That is an awesome story. Andy Mangels proved his love and knowledge of both series and really did a huge fan service in it.

I might be wrong but the location of Paradise Island being in the Bermuda Triangle might have come from the show. I remember early on it was refered to as being in the Pacific in the comics.
I also think the crossed bracelets pose might come from the show.

2 Likes

The X-Files episode of the Bermuda triangle was the first widescreen episode I remember seeing and it also was a great episode. Maybe the Devilā€™s Triangle is the key to an excellent episode.

1 Like

The Amazons display some advanced technology this time around, with magnetic fields.

1 Like

I have to reread the comic to figure that out. Canā€™t remember if they even mentioned a location in the comic.

I think itā€™s in Sensation Comics #1 that they say Steve is in a dogfight with a japanese plane over the Pacific when he crashes.

1 Like

I never understood the use of the stunt double in places along the way in this series. There opening the plane door, later doing the spin outside of the van in the Rick Springfield episode

1 Like

Good memory for detail there

Probably Lynda being unavailable when they decided to shoot the scene (reshoots or something)

2 Likes

Diana remembers Steve Trevor Sir :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I do know the blond queen is due to the series, she always had black hair in the comic before these shows

Put a shirt on Steve

1 Like

I think she was blonde in the Silver Age, before the show. And stayed that way until 1987.

1 Like

Either that or makeup or press or just her not wanting to be in every shot (letā€™s not forget she had bad management/husband at the time)

The show also predates Orana by presenting a possible replacement for Diana as Wonder Woman after doing a new contest.

2 Likes

Wait until the Raymond Manta episode when they added Steveā€™s voiceover saying ā€œgrab my shirtā€

1 Like

Hippolyta, a ginger?

1 Like

This pilot had many shots used in fX promos, yet they didnā€™t have rights to air it for a long while

I like the less violent approach of hitting the target instead of each other

1 Like