World of Wonder | Wonder Woman (Series 1975) DISCUSSION

the name pluto doesn’t jive with making earthquakes. or did i miss something.

2 Likes

I honestly do not remember anything about Pluto, so I can’t answer that…

2 Likes

I think it has more to do with the roman god of the underworld than with planets or dogs,

3 Likes

I knew that much, just not up on my knowledge of Pluto. Not being snarky or anything, just realizing this will come across too flat on the printed page…

2 Likes

I know more about the greek gods vs the roman gods. Pluto is the Roman Hades, something that might have been acknowledged on a subconscious level.

4 Likes

The first three shows were originally titled THE NEW, ORIGINAL WONDER WOMAN in the credits, with one animated panel of WW deflecting bullets. I wish this could be restored.

3 Likes

You and me both. I’m a purist and want the absolute original versions with as much added as possible…

2 Likes

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Let us talk about episode 9 from season 1, Last of the Two Dollar Bills.

I found this episode continued the momentum from episode 8, in the sense that it was just as good if not better. It had a lot going on, the villain (Wohan) was pretty capable, and Etta was in it a lot! We also got a few more moments of WonderTrev. Highly enjoyed this episode. What did you all think?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Thanks for stopping by. I would love it if DC Universe would have that version.

I kept hearing people calling the show The New, Original Wonder Woman and was confused at first because I wasn’t sure if it was a different show they were mentioning.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’m late on the topic—but just wanted to chime in real quick. Youre all on the right page, @MovieAddict and @MisfitCMJ , and @AntLeon is correct: Pluto is the god of the underworld. :+1:.
Such a great episode. :grinning:

2 Likes

This is the original title card. It also had a big on screen explosion instead of the starburst.
And the original animation had her deflecting bullets and punching criminals instead of using the lasso in that one bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiO9FyNIMCc

3 Likes

It’s neat getting to see the original version. Thanks for sharing that with us. Maybe they couldn’t get the bullets passed the censors for the TV show version? Would be cool if DC could restore it so that it were in the similar quality as the current intro they use and at least add it as a bonus feature in a Blu-Ray or something.

1 Like

This past Sunday’s episode was the first part in a two-parter. Judgment from Outer Space: Part 1 introduces Andros and the idea that being from outer space feel threatened by humans. Are they right in fearing humankind? This episode continues the upward trend in the quality of the episodes, IMO.

What did you all think of episode 10?

2 Likes

the short answer: no and yes. i’ll have to come back for a longer answer.

2 Likes

That longer answer i promised: to misquote Delenn from Babylon 5: humans have a knack for creating communities. But at the same time, there are some truly awful things we do to each other as evidenced by shows like L&O:SVU and Criminal Minds, highlighting what I like to call the depravity of man. (and “man” is less about the XY gene and more about Tolkien’s “race of Men”, which implies (to me at least) “the ladies”).

3 Likes

Slightly off topic, but if anyone is interested, NightMan has an episode called “Whole Lotta Shakin’” with Little Richard. The plot includes manmade earthquakes, which brings us back to the topic at hand, similarities to episode “The Pluto File.”

1 Like

Judgment from Outer Space: Part 2 was quite enjoyable. I had so much fun watching it with those of you that were able to make the watch-along this past Sunday.

• Did you all enjoy this two-parter?
  • What did you all think of Andros?
2 Likes

Something I didn’t like about the episode was the romantic tension between Wonder Woman and Andros. It was a bit awkward :joy:

2 Likes

I agree. The gif you created is the smile Diana throws at Andros while they are trying to avoid danger. Which seemed out of place.

The science fiction was on target. Diana made an impression on the council as well as Andros. And i think the return of Andros references that he returns early. A couple of more episodes and the next season is the time jump (well, at the time, a change of network, and whatever else @MovieAddict wants to share because his knowledge of this show is the greatest of all).

2 Likes

Basically they were cancelled by ABC and CBS only agreed to renew the series if they moved the series to the present day setting. It opened up the possibility of more stories which was a huge plus, but it makes these episodes more dated than the WWII era episodes, which is bad. I do know CBS would not allow the use of costumed villains for the first half of the Flash series, but not sure if those restrictions were put in place on Wonder Woman.

1 Like