[World of Wonder] WONDER WOMAN (1942-) #327-329

Peaceful in the sense that it was by senate rule vs the sword. There may have been a mob mentality swelling before the proverbial divine intervention. I was more intrigued with Paula apologizing for what was about to happen, Antiope criticizing her, then Paula countering with ‘don’t tell me how to express my love’.

I understand how the pet name calls back the origin(s). My head canon doesn’t require such a relationship. I did like that she asks for his hand, but Steve had to ask Zeus to perform the ritual/ceremony.

Ares didn’t know Hades was dealing with the Anti-Monitor, as the panel capture implies.

I still wouldn’t consider it peaceful, personally. They intended for it to be a public spectacle that would cause Hippolyta to lash out and end in killing her. They knew they couldn’t just replace a ruler chosen by their gods through committee.

Yeah, I know Hades didn’t know of the Anti-Monitor’s involvement, but Anti knew he’d be able to get Hades to rope in Ares.

…Really? I don’t recall there being that many giant villains. I mean, there’s the tall Non-without-saying-it’s-Non from MOS, Doomsday in BVS, the tall god thing from SS, and I suppose you can count Steppenwolf but as far as I’m concerned that movie still hasn’t come out yet.

Yeah, but I look at it this way – better to have been together and happy than alone for that brief time. And they got back together in the end, some…two or three reboots later. :smiley:

True! I was feeling the romance. I like Diana and Steve together, but I’ve never liked Wondertrev together this much outside of the Gal Gadot/Chris Pine version.

I loved when Steve was already climbing the jet, ready for battle alongside Wonder Woman. No hesitation. That was awesome.

These following panels had me shookaroni. I didn’t expect it from a comic from the time :joy: It was great though.

“A deal is a promise and a promise is unbreakable.” -Diana, Wonder Woman 2017

download%20(2)

Also, I just love the art here :arrow_up:.

1 Like

It’s pretty hard to top Gadot/Pine, their chemistry on screen was just incredible.

1 Like

Fair enough. without re-reading it, I think i recall an undertone.

I do like this sort of Steve. It works, so i can run with it.

And i didn’t know Pikachu was a World of Wonder member.

1 Like