World of Wonder | Week 59 | Kingdom Come #3-4 | Sep. 9-15

World of Wonder Week 59!

:sparkles: Kingdom Come :sparkles:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

World of Wonder is finishing up Kingdom Come this week! Wonder Woman and Superman debate the ethical implications of their actions. Hope you can join us this week as we read the conclusion to this instant classic.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

When: 2020-09-09T07:00:00Z2020-09-15T07:00:00Z

What to read: KINGDOM COME (2010-) #3-4

:star2:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. What is your take on the ethical quandary Wonder Woman and Superman find themselves in?

2. Which aspects of this story would you say are reasons why this mini-series is so highly regarded and acclaimed?

3. What are your thoughts on this mini-series as a whole?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click HERE to get a cool flair and join the club

Watch and track #world-of-wonder to keep up to date with all club events

2 Likes

Wait! There’s going to be kissing in this story? Whooo.

1 Like

:scream: :exploding_head: :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Kingdom Come, on whatever multiple reading this is for me, is still an eminently readable story. The conflicts still feel real I think because it so closely reflects the conflict in comics of books that turned to bloody punch fests with no real meaning other than taking violence to an extreme.
On the character of Norman, I enjoyed the character arc he takes from a minister who describes himself as more of a philosopher who finds his faith during the course of the story, though I still don’t think he’s essential to the narrative.
But, the part of the story that sticks most in my mind is the epilogue. First, Batman gets all the dry humor lines that really hit. We see the trinity sit down again as equals, friends, people who need one another.
Also, love the other small detail of the girl working in t-shirt kiosk reading the DC romance comic Young Love.