[World of Wonder] Smallville Season 11 (2012-) OLYMPUS #1-6

the only DEO we can trust is the Alex Danvers run DEO on Supergirl

2 Likes

Just finished these issues, and I gotta ask already…are we going to cover the second half of this soon? Because after that last page of the sixth issue, I need to get off this cliff we’re hanging on! :sweat_smile:

What did you think about these versions of Diana and Steve?

Pretty cool – Steve is kind of the standard secret/government agent he usually is, but Diana is pretty interesting. It seems like they’re falling a similar path to Clark did in the show, with her slowly gaining her powers as it goes, and in sort of a “no tights, no flights” mode. I like that they’re invoking her white suit era with her outfit.

Also, I really liked the sequence when she uses the chain to take out the tank, invoking her Lasso of Truth.

Did you like this origin for Wonder Woman?

It’s pretty cool – like others have said, the idea of her meeting Steve as children together and living on Themyskira together is one I hadn’t seen before. Part of me wishes they had gone a little deeper into that, though I’m sure we’ll see more in the next issues.

Also, man, just when you think Diana can’t have more mother issues than she did in last week’s book club, this book comes along and says “hold my beer.” :laughing:

How do you feel about the DEO?

At first they seemed like your standard flawed, probably with corrupt members, but still reasonable enough. After seeing them chain up Hippolyta? Nope. Nope. Burn it with fire.

:laughing: :+1:

i think i could get behind a WonderTrev wrt this Steve and Diana. Especially if they go on missions together like Deeks and Kenzi on NCIS:LA.