[World of Bats] Watch-Along -- Batman: Year One FRIDAY JANUARY 10 @ 7PM PST/10PM EST

Come join us for the [World of Bats] very first Watch Along! And what better place to start than Batman: Year One?

He will become the greatest crime fighter the world has ever known. But it won’t be easy.

Based on the groundbreaking story by Frank Miller (300, Sin City) and featuring the voice talents of Bryan Cranston, Ben McKenzie, Katee Sackhoff, Eliza Dushku, Alex Rocco, and Jon Polito, this thrilling DC Universe Animated Original Movie reveals a bold and dynamic vision of the Dark Knight’s first year in action and the start of his enduring friendship with Jim Gordon. With Gotham City in desperate need of heroes, two men take a stand for justice . . . but on opposite sides.

(Man I wish I looked at this when I was pounding my face on the keyboard trying to make a synopsis for the reading thread.)

:batman_hv_6:THE DETAILS :batman_hv_6:

Who: You. Yes, you, right there, looking at the screen.

What: Batman: Year One

Where : Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! Or Tablet or whatever! And Watching the movie, preferably on another screen!

When:: Friday, January 10 at 7PM Pacific Time, 10PM Eastern Standard Time

Why: Because I made a promise on the grave of my…I mean, the community that geeks out together, stays together!

How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Batman: Year One.
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 1:15 pm PDT, then we are 15 minutes into the movie. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll be there! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! I know it’s a little sudden, but I wasn’t even sure if there was going to be interest at first.

2 Likes

Hope you have a great turnout. I’ll be working. It’s a great movie though!!!

3 Likes

I hope so too – I’ll be around for the Harley Quinn WAL so I’m hoping that after that goes I can intice some people there to come over. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not completely sure if I can make it, but I’m gonna do my best!

4 Likes

I hope you can! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So are we still doing Batman: Year one watch along tonight? :slightly_smiling_face::popcorn::tv:

2 Likes

I’m still planning to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Friendly bump to remind that the WAL starts in about 30 minutes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

just finished rereading Year One. Looking forward to the WaL! saving my final comments on the book club till after the WaL.

1 Like

Cool! Looking forward to both. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey @Jay_Kay I didnt know you host a WAL ?

correct if im wrong, but this is movie adaptation of Frank Miller’s graphic novel right.

1 Like

We just started!

yep!

your part of this too.

1 Like

I have to admit, for a brief second I felt the fear and thought ■■■■■ DID I MISS THE TIME?” :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Oh yeah I stated the club. we rotate it every month between Jay_kay, BatJamags and myself.

1 Like

well yall got my support,for what its worth.

2 Likes