[World of Bats] CASEFILE 013: Knightsend

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

And welcome to another CASEFILE, our monthly installments where we look at larger stories within the world of Batman. And this month doesn’t get much bigger than Knightsend, the culmination and climax of the Knightfall Saga!

Bruce Wayne has successfully recuperated from his broken back and is ready to resume crime-fighting duties as the Batman. But Jean-Paul Valley, the man who currently patrols the dark alleyways of Gotham City, is not willing to step aside. Furthermore, Valley has become unaccountably violent and reckless. Driven to the brink of madness by inner demons, the “new Batman” seeks to destroy the “old Batman” in a battle with deadly consequences.

Here are the links to the issues:

If you’re subscribed to the Ultra tier, you can also check this story out via the digital trade available to the site:

Reading will last from 2023-02-01T06:00:00Z2023-02-28T06:00:00Z, but if you are going through the strangest and most illegal form of physical therapy, you can always come back later to share your thoughts.

Looking forward to talking about these issues with you all! :batparrot:

2 Likes

I haven’t finished the reading yet, but I like the training stuff with Bruce fighting all the various masters to regain his skills. The part with him standing on the ledge contemplating feels a little repetitive, but I think it’s meant to.

Can’t forget about this gem:

1 Like

God, comics can be so freaking dumb sometimes.

I love it.

:rofl:

1 Like

The humor can be a little disarming

1 Like

1 Like

I found the conclusion to be pretty satisfying even though it seems a little weird that Bruce would have an entrance to the Batcave blocked off by an easily moved wooden barrier. The confrontation between Britain and Jean-Paul contains some good action.

I did find the wrap up to Tim’s story a little frustrating. It’s probably because I feel like he should have known he’d be a liability fighting crime when he hasn’t slept in 2 days, but instead he heads out and is fine. He even assists Batman.

1 Like

I didn’t think about that, but that is pretty funny – no one learned any sort of lesson from this whole endeavor. :rofl:

1 Like