Wonder Woman: Encyclopedia of Villains

Holy shades of Chairface Chippendale!

5 Likes

Yup~ Doctor Domino is one of those tragically under utilized figures in Wonder Womans mythos. We never find out his deal, and just LOOK at this guy!

6 Likes

Waitaminnit - Steve has an evil brother? With an evil mustache?! How did I not know this? :exploding_head:

5 Likes

This. This right here is why we needed this encyclopedia. Imagine what could have been if this sort of thing was more commonly known~

6 Likes

Name: Fausta Grables
First Appearance: Comic Cavalcade #2 (1943)
Creators: William Marston and Frank Godwin
Abilities: Master of disguise. Skilled wrestler. Talented in stage show theatrics.

Backstory: Spy for the nazi regime. Fausta Grables was assigned the task of uncovering the secrets of Wonder Woman and if possible, undermine her in some way so that the nazis would be able to destroy America.

Spying on Wonder Woman, Fausta would see the opportunity to steal her costume including the magic lasso. Once she had succeeded in this, Fausta would take advantage of Wonder Womans greatest weakness and put on a stage show wherin she would declare herself the strongest woman in the world. Well aware that this sort of challenge would pique Wonder Womans interest. All with the intent of using the magic lasso to entrap Diana!

In the Wonder Woman television series, Fausta Grables would successfully capture Wonder Woman and take her back to Europe, wherin she would interrogate Diana in an effort to uncover the secrets of the Amazons.

Additional images:

fausta grables 4
fausta grables 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viInqhUnHAc

10 Likes

hmm…I don’t think there are any Wonder Woman villains whose names start with ‘J’, ‘X’, or ‘Y’…A shame, I was kinda hoping I could make an alphabet.

Maybe ill uncover some villains I missed in a reread…

4 Likes

Based on the recent storyline, you might consider Janus to be a villain, but I’ll defer to your interpretation on that. As to Y and X I’ll keep thinking on that.

5 Likes

Perhaps the Ytirflirks and maybe Agent X, that’s all, I can think of.

3 Likes

Of course! Janus! Hmm…Given thats sorta spoilery, I might give it more time before I make an article on em.

Oooo~ Thats a good one~ I can’t recall off the top of my head if there were any specifically named Ytirflirks, and that alien menace WAS the central antagonist to a pretty big story…

Sadly, Agent X would probably count under 'A’s, so we might be stuck

4 Likes

there is an X. it’s the Mayan or Incan god whose name is long and hard to spell. and pronounce. But should start with the letter ‘x’. He appearaed pre-crisis silver or bronze age (i am not sure where the line is).

4 Likes

Circes ex boyfriend Tezcatlipoca?

4 Likes

So Not an X. But who I was thinking of. so at least my reference points were good.

Okay. Now what about the villain god that was pitted against Wonder Woman, Artemis (of the Bana-Mighdall) and a female Aztec. I only know because we covered it in World of Wonder.

4 Likes

Ah, you mean that god who kidnapped the Amazon Atalanta like he did in the bronze age, Tezcatlipoca?

4 Likes

You are two for two. I was not expecting both having the same name.

4 Likes

Same character~ Curiously he references the pre crisis continuity and seemingly recalls it.

I must say, this is alot of fun ^^

3 Likes

I am fine with that. Because he is a god.

4 Likes

Name: King Crystallar
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #26 (1947)
Creators: Joye Hummel and H.G Peter
Abilities: Ruler of the White Star and the Genii people. Possesses ‘atomic crystals’ which will cause the explosion of any atoms which come in contact with them save for those belonging to the Genii who are immune.

Backstory: Ruler of the White Star, a celestial body made from pure atomic crystal which is capable of disintegrating any matter it comes in contact with. King Crystallar was the leader of the Genii, A race native to the crystalline planet who immune to the atomic destroying properties of their world, wickedly desired the chance to destroy the rest of the universe.

So dangerous was white star, that any atomic energy that escaped from it unfiltered was capable of destroying whole planets. A fact which made King Crystallars diabolical nature all the gleeful at the chance. For it was the very nature of the people of the white star of atomic crystal to see the universe destroyed in atomic reaction.

Additional images:

8 Likes

Name: Mephisto Saturno
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #10 (1944)
Creators: William Marston and H.G Peter
Abilities: Leader of Saturns spy operations on Earth, Psychic powers to prevent others from noticing him. Advanced Saturn technology with properties such as anti gravity, invisibility, behavior control.

Backstory: Head of the Saturns spy operations on Earth. Mephisto Saturno spent years on the planet. Operating in various guises in multiple countries. Studying the planets strengths and weaknesses for the most efficient way for his homeworld the space empire of Saturn to conquer.

For Saturn was a vast and powerful space empire. Having enslaved its own moons, they plotted to expand, claiming whole planets to place under their thumb. Using it for resources and enslaving whole populations to be resold, for on Saturn the only things that mattered was profit and oneself.

Mephisto would be Saturns primary threat to the Earth. Trying again and again. Losing his status as a count on Saturn for his failure, becoming a prisoner, winning back his freedom, and earning the title of Duke to try again and again.

Along the way what was originally a villain motivated by milking the Earth for profit in the name of self interest turned into one bent on revenge and desired the destruction of the Earth itself.

Additional images:

mephisto 6

8 Likes

Name: Lumberjack
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #268 (1980)
Creators: Gerry Conway and Jose Delbo
Abilities: Proportionate Speed and Strength of a Lumberjack. Axe haver. Strikes fear into the hearts of trees with his very nature.

Backstory: A wild lumberjack found by civilized Canadians and stolen from his native forest habitat to be placed in a traveling carnivals sideshow attractions of grotesque inhuman entities in an effort to sell tickets.

The Lumberjack was a wild and ferocious creature which despising humanity, took up his axe to carve a bloody trail of death in his wake upon his escape, drawing the attention of the Cartel. The premier global assassination organization.

Recognizing the Lumberjack as without contest the greatest assassin of the North American continent, they would invite him into their ranks and teach him to understand basic human speech. (Not that he could utter a word of it himself.)

And thus, the Lumberjack would be pointed at a target and begin chop chop chopping his way until his target and anything in the way was felled.

Additional images:

lumberjack 3
lumberjack 4
lumberjack 5

7 Likes

Name: Trixter
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #31
Creators: H.G Peter and Robert Kanigher
Abilities: The talents of showmanship. Phony magic. Advanced technologies such as anti gravity rays, Holograms, and magnetic repulsion.

Backstory: Claiming to be a great wizard who time traveled to the present day from the year 1313 AD. Trixter was in reality a man from modern times who had created advanced technologies which he intended to use to fool the world.

Claiming to have great magical powers and the ability to grant wishes and miracles, Trixter would perform feats of incredible magic to prove his ability and then claim he needed compounds such as gold and diamonds to make wishes come true.

Why this is the approach he decided to take after inventing a machine that removes the effects of gravity or a device which can make the old look young and the obese look thin is never revealed. But with his loyal henchmen working from the sidelines to operate his more complex devices, Trixter was putting everything he had into these schemes.

Additional images:

7 Likes