Wonder Woman #58 Is...

The latest issue of Wonder Woman is really bad. The art is absolutely hideous. The characters are written poorly. The dialogue is wonky. The story is boring until the typical, generic last page cliffhanger. Again, it must be noted, the art is absolutely horrendous. I’m hoping things get better. The story has some promise with that cliffhanger. I’m also hoping they’re not once again powering down Wonder Woman. The Witching Hour was just so good and the art was spectacular, if only that quality had kept up with this new creative team. Has anyone else read the book?

2 Likes

I read it and thought it was decent but yeah, the art was a bit henky at times. The variant cover’s cool.

2 Likes

Yeah, the variants have been really stupendous for Wonder Woman. I actually prefer them most of the time to the official covers. If only the interiors could be a fraction of how good those covers are.

1 Like

not yet, all copies of 58 and a bunch more books were damaged on the way to the shop

sorry you didn’t like it, G. Willow Wilson to me is an amazing storyteller, careful and thoughtful with her characters, don’t give up yet

2 Likes

@manifest

Sad to hear about those books being damaged in transit. :frowning:

As far as this new run, I won’t give up. I have hope. Like I said, it does have some promise. It’s a little annoying how many versions of Ares we have to keep going through, but it is intriguing. The art really needs to improve though. Some of those panels are tough to look at.

2 Likes

I’m bummed, I was really looking forward to it. But I’ll still go into it with 0 influence either way I’ll probably love it, it’s hard for me to not like anything WW related.

1 Like

Yes, please don’t let my opinion cloud yours. If you liked it come back here and let us know. (:

I’m going to go into the next issue open minded. I’ve put up with terrible Wonder Woman books many times, so I’ll be sticking around for more issues to see if it improves for me. Wonder Woman is probably the only character I’ll try to will myself to like her books.

2 Likes

nu52

I’m right there with ya’ WW started my love of comics and dc. I’ll always go in single-minded when I delve into WW. Thank u for saying that tho.

I read #58 and #59. The art is inconsistent. I like G. Willow Wilson, but so far, this is not my favorite story from her. I think the story is trying to illuminate the complexity of war and justice - which is a really fascinating topic to me. I’ll read one more issue to see where it goes, then I’ll decide if I’ll finish the run. To me, the story is not as compelling as Wonder Woman Blood in the New 52, but I like it more than the early Rebirth stories (Rebirth exception: WW Year One was cool).

@nu52 I agree, the different versions of Ares are starting to make my head spin. But, I am still I interested in this new version.
@djd187 have you read #58? If you read it, what did you think of it?

Has anyone else read #59?

1 Like

I read #59. I liked it more than #58.

1 Like

I liked it but I’ll agree that this is far from Cary Nord’s best work. After his runs on Conan and XO Manowar I’ve come to expect more from him.

I just got issue #58 from Westfield Comics this month but still have to read it.

JLWWSM

No I haven’t read it yet. Sorry btw, I didn’t notice my tag till just now. I need to get back to WW. I went thru all of the teen titans just finished today. Before that I did Vixen that u recommended & a bunch others recommended Vroom, Bloodviolet, tons more but I can’t remember the tags w/o exiting this pg. they were all excellent tho.

1 Like