Wonder Woman 3 Announced?

This is the report, and I saw all these headlines saying stuff like Gadot is returning for a third Wonder Woman film, so I looked into her interview.

She says she, Gunn, and Saffron will (not are, so hold the applause) make “Wonder Woman 3 together.”

After that she keeps talking about the “new cast,” and I cannot tell what she means. Is she talking about say a new Superman actor, or does this mean she has a role in a Wonder Woman reboot, and she just called that “Wonder Woman 3.”

One red flag is this is not how movies get announced, an actor on a small interview where the part on the film is barely over a minute long just says it. It is normally grander. Of course it could just mean she jumped the gun.

Overall I do not think any of the headlines should be taken at face value and should be met with skepticism, but this is something to watch.

13 Likes

I agree that we should be cautious about how to react to this. At the very least, Gunn/Safran have Wonder Woman on their minds and do plan on having her be a part of their universe. You could say the same thing regarding them announing their Themyscira show, but with this we know they still want the actual character to have a role in their universe. Hopefully we get clarification soon

9 Likes

Them not wanting the 3rd (5th at worst) most popular DC hero in their universe would be the actual big shocking news.

6 Likes

Agree, the Themyscira show is much closer to becoming a reality than any version of a Wonder Woman 3. Sounds like Gunn told her he likes her as Wonder Woman, and that some day maybe

5 Likes

Might need to wait and see if Gunn says anything about this. Seems weird to reboot Superman and Batman but keep WW

7 Likes

True BUT Gal never had if any controversy and backlash like Cavill and Affleck. Where people more or less hated the direction and writing of the characters but blamed it on the actors. Plus, Affleck more or less dropped out due to his divorce and drinking. Hence, they probably feel they can still keep her. But yeah…would be weird and probably confusing for some. But hey Batman Forever was something of a soft reboot. New Batman, new Gotham, totally new direction BUT…they kept Gordon and Alfred sooooo

8 Likes

I hated Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Completely bland and forgettable

2 Likes

You’re entitled to your opinion, I’m just saying the general audience seemed okay with her.

5 Likes

I only remember her for her role in the fast and furious franchise.

1 Like

Skinny runway model for Wonder Woman… Uuummm okay :joy:

She also has this weird accent when she’s speaking english.

1 Like

Oh darn she has an accent

6 Likes

Yup, she doesn’t look the part or speak it my friend.

Looks fine, sounds fine to me.

6 Likes

She had the Imagine That issue, but that case of “rich person is out of touch” is minor.

5 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything to react to here. :00_wonder_woman_gold: This is the same status it’s had since December, and nothing has changed.

It was never actually canceled, just put on hold for further development. James Gunn never said Gal wasn’t coming back (never said that about Patty either). He even specifically stated ‘we never said that’, and then turned around and announced he was moving forward w/ Paradise Lost (a project both Gal and Patty were originally tied to as producers, so I won’t be shocked if they stay on to produce it and it ties into WW3). :purple_heart: They have a lot of work ahead of them sorting and planning DC content. We still just have to sit tight, friends.

Also, Gal has a movie coming out in a few days. :popcorn: ‘Heart of Stone’: See Release Date, Trailer, Photos and More For Gal Gadot Action Movie - Netflix Tudum Cross-promo is probably half the reason it’s even being brought up.

10 Likes

Hoping for the best! I think Gunn can get the best out of her character.

6 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

As someone who wants Gal Gadot to play Wonder Woman in the DCU, this interview doesn’t confirm anything. James Gunn can very easily hop on twitter within the next few days and say “Yep, Gal’s coming back as Wonder Woman to star in the DCU film (insert title)” or say “Nope, Gal’s out as Wonder Woman” and until he chimes in, the matter isn’t resolved.

That being said, Gunn has never beat around the bush on social media in regards to confirming/debunking updates on the DCU. He didn’t waste any time with Henry Cavill and Dwayne Johnson, and he flat out said that Gal wants to keep playing WW and he’s met with her to plan out her potential DCU future as WW. Gal’s interview here just reiterates all of that, only now it’s Gal saying it instead of Gunn.

The simple fact that there’s been no announcement that Gal is out after this many months makes the situation lean more towards Gal staying as WW, but again, nothing’s confirmed until James Gunn himself makes a definite statement. Fingers crossed he confirms her statements so we can look forward to more Gal Gadot Wonder Woman movies.

6 Likes

maybe she will be wonder woman in the reboot or maybe the queen the mom to the new one

3 Likes

I’d be on board with another Wonder Woman movie but…can they please bring Giganta to the big screen already?

3 Likes