Wonder Squad | Book Club 15 | Wonder Woman 77

The B-Man 66/WW 77 crossover was fun. I do wish they’d make an animated movie or series based on Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman.

Definitely—The Marston’s relationship is their business. What made it to the page is what matters, and you’re right! It’s not depraved in any way. It’s quite the opposite, imo…whatever that’s worth. :smile:

When I was a kid, I noticed it, BUT didn’t see it as anything more than symbolic. As I got older, of course (as humans do) we become more aware of sexuality and the myriad of ways that intimacy can be expressed—I started to see how Diana’s queerness is totally wholesome and normalized. :balance_scale: :00_dc_pride_bs: Those themes (as well as Steve’s role) ultimately, to me, became a representation of what strength really is: The ability to be vulnerable and the willingness to see and speak the truth of any given situation. :00_wonder_woman_gold: That’s how empathy happens and that is the root of love. #AphroditesLaw

It’s a beautiful message that no matter what we look like, or what our physical abilities or disabilities may be, if we are brave enough to embrace our fears and surrender to the truth: We are ALL capable of being strong, and we are ALL deserving of love, platonic or romantic.

I don’t personally consider that to be strictly “kinky” or queer, but that’s me! Others will see what they want to see, and prejudice will always rear its ugly head, but those Golden Age comics (hidden feminist/queer/bdsm themes n’ all) are who Diana truly is. :purple_heart: She is a humanist to her core.

(I was looking for a gif of the Lasso of Truth and found this awesomeness. :raised_hands: You’re welcome, people!!:stuck_out_tongue:)

9 Likes

:100: Beautifully stated as always Dr. Razzz! :purple_heart:

Amazing gifage too! :raised_hands:

6 Likes

This is from WB’s Multiversus fighting game! You’d be pleased to know Diana is probably the best character in the game too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Well said. I think Lynda Carter and Gal captured all of that perfectly, too.

She was one of my favorites when I played for a little while.

6 Likes

Excellent way of summarizing the message. Perhaps the message would not have been the same unless the creators of Wonder Woman had a non-traditional relationship

5 Likes

Went for the older 1971 comics, because I haven’t read much (of anything) from that era. Adjusting to the art or style of speech in older media can be a battle depending on the creative team, and can’t say that I’m a fan of them changing Wonder Woman this drastically, but it turns out these were not a bad way to spend a couple of hours! I could see myself getting frustrated with the change if I were reading this in real-time, but with hindsight being what it is, these now have a vibe all to themselves that makes them unique. Had fun. :wonderwoman: I’m sayin’ 3.5 out of 5.

:computer_mouse: click

7 Likes